Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2024 Draft Day #1   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Frank, looks like the star CF of the future to me. Huge range and arm would be wasted at 1B.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
In my four seasons of playing I have never had a 15 POT player on my team by any method.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The Dinos have drafted 17 yr old Horatio Rangel. He has a defensive tilt, with his plus arm and glove suggesting placement at 3B or C.

Unfortunately, the Dinos have higher rated similar aged prospects at both 3B and C, making Horatio's place in the organization a little unclear.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
All 5 choices said "good potential" probably 11-13 pot guys. I went for a pitcher since I'm kinda thin there. The guy I got ended up being a 12 pot but at least he has "unhittable fastball" projection, so maybe he'll be decent with an out pitch.
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Pitching Savior Search continues but at least I got a decent 13 pot. Pin consolation. Should be a nice bull pen guy at least...thinking MR or setup
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Jody Carrara of the University of Hawaii is taken with the Scranton Bears' first selection. He will start in A ball and could be the next starting shortstop for the team. 67 SI, 13 pot, not a bad start.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Tried international with the first draft and was initally a bit disappointed: Two "good overall", the rest were no-gos.
I was ideally looking for a pitcher or lefty hitting outfielder, and one of the two "good" guys fit the latter bill more or less. However, given the "good", I expected 13p max, which together with his "amazing in the field" for a lefty didn't leave much potential for the other parameters. Besides, he was old for an international player and might be underdeveloped... I just had a bad feeling and went with the other guy (although he would be my umpteenth middle infielder in the system), and, boy, was that feeling right: http://brokenbat.org/player/113767
I didn't even know there were "good overall" players with 15p in the pot.
Now if only we could make trades... I currently have three 15p future/current shortstops that are 25 or younger.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Mine were all "above average". Pulled and dropped an 11.
mark41974

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1^
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Holmes - the guy you drafted has the same birthplace as me ;)
Guess we finally will have a Polish MLB player, at least in BB.

Previous Page | Show All |