Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Season 2023: Total Training Pops   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thought it was about majors only. 30 SI gain for a pitcher looks totally sick. :O

Updated Saturday, August 22 2015 @ 4:08:04 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
15 is actually very low for a pitcher in the majors unless he was a reliever. I actually had a minor league pitcher gain 15 SI this season, Jesús Amador
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Before this season, the most I had for a pitcher was 13. Chapman was apparently tired of being tied for the record and gained 24 this season while Hall bumped up the new 2nd place mark to 16.

Hitting side wasn't nearly exciting, although Otero's 12 was the most I've had a hitter gain in a season since 2018.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a majors pitcher gain 24 this season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nothing exciting here. I had a bunch of batters go up 7, and one pitcher up 20.

Brewnoe, 12 for a position player is very impressive!

EDIT: actually, one of my 30 year olds went up 8 last year. Same player went up 10 as a 29 year old.

Updated Saturday, August 22 2015 @ 2:39:26 pm PDT
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
In conclusion, Position Players have better improvement in minors while Pitchers gains a lot in playing in Majors.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure about that. My 30 year old went up 18 points over two years in the majors.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There appear to be several types of both position players and pitchers.

Pitching type 1: gains little to nothing for first couple of seasons in minors, gains decent pace last few years of minors, gains rapidly from relatively low starting SI in majors, sometimes doesn't make it to listed cap

Pitching type 2: gains little to nothing for first couple of seasons in minors, gains decent pace last few years of minors, gains ~5-10 per season in majors from age 25-30, spends one or two seasons max at peak SI

Pitching type 3: gains decent pace from early minors to majors, promotes to majors with relatively high SI, gains whatever is left in a couple seasons

Type 3 is the most favored because he spends several seasons at his max, however, all 3 types produce viable high quality pitchers.

Position type 1: gains little to nothing first couple of seasons in minors, then gains decent rate rest of time in minors, gains ~5-10 per season in majors from age 25-30, spends one or two seasons max at peak SI

Position type 2: gains at decent rate from start in minors, gains at up to ~15 a year in majors, caps early and has very long peak

Position type 3: gains at decent rate from start in minors, gains very slowly in majors over long period of time, may never reach cap

The vast majority of players should fit in one of these categories training. The key is not to get frustrated and dump a player too early, as they could still turn out great after a slow start. On the other hand they could be like Yama*beep*a and just not want to gain skills.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
So would this guy fall under type 1 or type 2? He used to be yours Newtman, so maybe you have some knowledge of what his minors advancement looked like.

He didn't get a lot of playing time early on, so that's why I'm wondering if he is a type 2 that just looks like a type 1.

Updated Sunday, August 23 2015 @ 11:37:21 am PDT
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rodgers went up 10 points 2 years ago, and 11 points last season. Woop!

Previous Page | Show All |