Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Friday Add a Player   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
toddcates

Baytown Bombers
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
If you click on Free Agent on Friday and don't find one you like, can you click out and click on add a player?
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not exactly sure, but this is probably more appropriate for the "Help" section of the forum. You're better off drafting someone anyways
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I asked the same question when I was a younger manager. The language seems slightly confusing when you are new.

FA and Add A Player are separate. You may add a youth player after every economic update. Free Agents can be signed at will before Sept. 1st.

Since we are after Sept 1st, you can't sign FA atm. You can add a player.
toddcates

Baytown Bombers
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
When you say you can add FA at will, does that mean more than once a week before Sept 1????
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Free agents are free for anyone to sign at any time before the free agency freeze on September 1. The only limitations are the 50 man roster limit and there are special restrictions on bankrupt teams that I believe are explained in the manual.

Add player (and the "Add Player" button) refers to adding a player through the draft and has nothing to do with free agency. You are only able to add one player via the draft per week on each Friday throughout the season.

Keep in mind, free agents and waivers are separate tings. You are free to place a claim on any player during the waiver period after they've been released by their team, but the actual winner of the claim is determined by random draw when the waiver period expires. Should no claims have been placed on said player, he will pass into free agency and any club is free to sign him at any time.

Updated Monday, August 17 2015 @ 8:51:08 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |