Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Stonewall?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There's the possibility he has reached his skill ceiling. Many players never reach their projected potential. He's not extremely far from it, so you might have to live with a 90% pitcher.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Bummer. But not as much of a bummer as Robertson hitting his ceiling at 114 :( Nishimura is much more expendable.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
He only has a 12 pot, so it is somewhat reasonable he could peak at low 90's. Still stinks though!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well 12 POT = 95 - 103, so no he did not reach 12 POT.
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock777 You do have to remember, back when Steve revealed the potential values that he gave a reason that they were originally question marks. It was because they had uncertainty built into their value, just like scouts would not give 100% accurate reports of a player's abilities. I'm not saying that he won't grow more or that he will be one of those rare players to have a drop in potential. I mean, he doesn't have the "won't improve much more" message yet, so he probably still has a little room to grow. Kind of weird that he didn't increase at all this year, though.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've never seen a player that far off though. They don't flip to 12 until 96 SI. So he is 5 SI away from the low end of 12 POT. Just the first time I've ever seen a players growth stop that far away from the mark. Especially given he wasn't promoted early and is still relatively young.

Updated Saturday, August 15 2015 @ 2:02:04 pm PDT
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
It's still possible that he'll gain more SI in the future. I have a pitcher who haven't gained a single skill point for four seasons then suddenly gained 3, and another one who gained 2 skill points after being stuck for two seasons.

Updated Saturday, August 15 2015 @ 3:08:42 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That seems more likely. Its just kind of weird. I guess there is a bit of RND going on behind the scenes that can trip some players up dev wise.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, development in the majors is gained in part by playing time, on part by service time.
He's still got One Season of ML experience only.
Should get some more SI that way.

Are you sure he was ML ready, didn't skip any AAA training?

Also, when considering training thru ML playing time, keep in mind you gotta reckon Spring Training. As for Innings Pitched that could be a major source of those.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
No, he was ready for the majors. If I include spring training he has gotten 179 innings pitched this year. And 0 SI gained.

And he has two full years of major league service at this point. Not 1... He pitched 117 inning last year as a LR, and he pitched 17 inning the year before as a spring call up.

Previous Page | Show All |