Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Most Underrated Player in the 2023 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey guys, since the season's coming to a close, I thought I'd start this thread to find out who has the most underrated player in Broken Bat this year. By underrated (this is very opinionated), I mean somebody who played much better than their SI, potential, or skill ratings deem they should perform. It can be an overall performance, like an All-Star season from a 75 SI player, or an explosion in one statistical category, like a hitter with 9 power hitting 20 homers. Note: This is for players on your Major League team only. No minor leaguers in this thread. I'll start.

Charlie Bauer has to be one of the best players I have picked up at his SI and POT. Usually, POT 10's are usually destined to be perpetually bound to minor league, utility, and backup roles. For "Three Finger" Bauer, however, this is not the case. Once he took over the role as closer (my previous guy was 11/20), he did not look back. He has posted a respectable 2.93 ERA over 67 2/3 innings and has converted 21/24 saves. In my opinion, he has one of the most successful slow fastballs in Broken Bat history. Plus, he is able to make hitters swing way ahead of his deceptive changeup, his hard slider, his bottom-dropping curveball, and a dancing knuckle-curve. With an arsenal like that and the ability to locate each pitch with pinpoint accuracy, he is locked in to be a dominant closer with North Port for the next couple years.
Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe comeback player of the year award .... I signed this guy as a free agent, thinking I might end up with a solid back up at shortstop and DH. The season he is having is AMAZING! No prior evidence that this was coming. In fact, league sources indicate he is being investigated in connection with HGH .... just sayin'.

Meet "Goose" Evans, 2023 All-Star and MVP Candidate

Not sure if this is on topic, but I was compelled to share.

Updated Friday, August 14 2015 @ 5:03:28 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Imagine how well Bauer would do if he had 5 fingers.
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Imagine how well Bauer would do if he had 5 fingers.

Hey, give the kid a break. I don't see any 3 fingered pitchers in the MLB. The best they have is a switch pitcher. It takes more skill to throw with the break and control he has with 3 fingers than it does for Venditte to switch hands between at bats.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
My most underrated player would have to be Ken Haas.

I'm not sure if I will hold onto him but his 89 SI is due to his lower fielding skills, but regardless, he is 6-4 with a 3.12 ERA and 5/8 starts being quality. 63 strikeouts and a perfect fielding percentage. I am going to have to consider bringing him back for one more season
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I got Morgan who, despite his 11 pot and 93 SI, has been consistent as always.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I dont' think there's a player like that on my current roster, but I sure have a former player that's been defying all sceptics for a few seasons already. Despite only being a 9 pot, he's consistently playing at a pretty respectable level.
So, meet Craig Yuan.

Previous Page | Show All |