Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> At what point do you write them off? (2nd edition)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Peekay

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Some people might remember me doing a thread like this for Makoto Kato I eventually had enough of his antics and chopped him.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) he's gone on to have success at the same division level so I likely made an incorrect call on him.

I now present you with case number 2 Alfonso Sanchez be warned if you click this link you may end up distraught! Alfonso's efforts make Kato look like the second coming of Barry Bonds!
I'm just about at my wits end with this guy who had a great introductory season for me and has since vomited everywhere non stop (even though he's improved markedly in that time).

Thoughts?

Updated Monday, July 13 2015 @ 6:05:19 pm PDT
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, tough, Sanchez's offensive numbers are brutal, against both LHP and RHP. That said, he is a solid defensive 2B so if your teams still coping ok and he's not blocking any prospects I'd hold him a while longer - it can only get better right?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
His hitting isn't very good, but it did pop last Friday. Sometimes all it takes is one good pop to put guys back on track.

Norris was consistently a sub .250 hitter for me until he popped to 15 in Bat Control a couple weeks back. Since then he's been on a tear.
Peekay

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for your input guys.

You are right the team is doing OK (contending in DIV 4 for the first time in a few seasons).
I also don't really have a replacement at 2B so I'm going to be forced to hold onto him for a while.

Likely at this stage I'll re-asses at the end of the season.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Send him to an optometrist to get his eyes checked
Once he gets a prescription and can focus, he may just turn into that miniature monster you want him to
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just could not work this guy in to get the playing time he needs to finish developing. He has come into games 4 times, all as a pinch runner, and scored all 4 times. I literally couldn't ask for more, but the Raleigh order is just too packed.

Dorsey Hicks

May he find his way to a team that can give him the playing time he needs.

Previous Page | Show All |