Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Polls   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I got a better idea. A height limit of 5'6 for all pitchers. If you are taller then 5'6 you aren't allowed to pitch. That would increase scores almost as much as when the NBA converted all Charging Fouls into Blocking Fouls and eliminated Traveling.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm going to reduce the time period. If you haven't voted yet on how MLB should boost offense, you have a week left.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there an option on Survey Monkey to allow people to see how voting has gone so far for folks who already voted? Right now if I click the link it just says I already voted...
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure. That's the first one I've done. I'll look into it.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm in a NL city and used to be against the DH. I've come to the conclusion that I now want the DH in the NL.

Since interleague play is staying, it's stupid for the Reds to pencil in a back-up middle infielder as the DH in AL parks. Likewise, I'm done with watching a pitcher flail at 3 straight breaking balls.

The only leagues that let a pitcher hit is the NL and beer league softball. If you're not gonna train them to do it, why stick them in there at the major league level no less!

Yes, I want to see Aroldis Chapman pitch to a guy that hasn't picked up a bat since 8th grade. Ooooh, what strategy! What tradition!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hehe. Grass is always greener. If not watching the Jays, I preferentially tune an NL game.

I couldn't vote for any of those options, tho my own suggestion is just as far fetched. (That being taking balls & strikes away from the ump and letting the computer / k-zone do it).
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How can someone like the Jays and also the National League? 😛 Those are barely the same game.

I don't think two of the ideas are far fetched at all. In fact, I think MLB needs to continue to move in the direction of what people want, which is more runs. I'm a die hard baseball fan, but the notion that the game needs to hold on to its traditions has made the game too old fashioned for the casual fan. That's one of the reasons it's no longer America's game.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally I like the fact that they haven't gone the NBA route. I prefer the game as is.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
How can someone like the Jays and also the National League? 😛 Those are barely the same game.

Hehe. Choose your friends but not your family.

In fact, I think MLB needs to continue to move in the direction of what people want, which is more runs.

Probably the team I support, but this is the first I've heard of this.

AFAIK MLB's major concern is pace of play. 3.5 hour games a bigger problem than the numbers on the scoreboard.

That's one of the reasons it's no longer America's game.

Feel that's an over-simplification.

Tradition is baseball's #1 selling point.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here are the results of the If You Had To Increase Scoring In MLB poll...

54% bring the DH to the NL
23% lower the pitcher's mound
15% would legalize steroids (wow!)
4% like aluminum bats
4% would reduce the length between bases to 89.5 feet.

Next up, something Broken Bat related, but I'm not sure exactly what. Feel free to put your suggestions here. Maybe then I could have a poll to see what the next poll should be. 😊

Previous Page | Show All |