Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Steroid Era On Steroids?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, my league's pitching stats say it all. I hope there is not a problem with the simulation. Last season in this league (I was not in the league last year) the ERA league wide was a typical mark of 4.06. This year, it seems the trainers have snuck something into the hitter's morning wheaties because the league ERA is now 5.25. I know we are only 35 games into the season, but it is a bit worrisome that there are pitchers with ERAs in the 4s in the top ten league ranking.

I have 5 hitters with an OBP at or above .395 -- and are not in the top ten in that category. Last season in the same league, each and every one of those five players would have led the league in OBP.

Is it just coincidence through 35 games that 12 different teams have experienced problems like this in the same league? These numbers I have been observing all season are absolutely alarming. About 15 games in, I was thinking about dropping several of my better pitchers because of their horrific ERAs, just before I dropped on such pitcher, I luckily came across the league stats which showed I was not the only team with this dilemma. The Saratoga Cowboys, yes those cowboys, have a team ERA of 8.09 (!!!!!!!!).

I'm convinced that something changed from last season to this season in the sim. I checked other leagues, and some of the same problems appeared, albeit not to the extreme my league has experienced. The legends league seems to have kept what experts called "the Dinger Drug" out of the league for now. :)

Seriously though, has anyone else noticed this or is it just me.

Updated Sunday, July 5 2015 @ 7:55:59 pm PDT

Updated Sunday, July 5 2015 @ 7:57:45 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Nothing like that in III.4.
corona97

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yeah i can agree that my batting is nothing compared to last year.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My batting was horrible last year, but doing much better this year. A lot of it has to do with who your competitors are and what their fields are setup for.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How would Kent be doing in your league? :D

The back end of my bullpen is putting up completely unsustainable numbers, but it has been fun to watch (my other setup man Hutchinson).
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Batting average is up slightly this season...so is caught stealing. But not significantly over all the leagues.

I think the drug testing is working!

Steve
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My guys like testing drugs
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Some of my best batters must be eating their Wheaties, but my best pitchers are taking advice from Dock Ellis or something because my supposedly best pitcher has started 0-4 with an ERA over 9, so I dunno

Previous Page | Show All |