Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft #3 2023   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Seeing the player cards of the draftees kindof defeats the illusion of realism that we're shooting for don't you think?

Surely you're joking. Do you really think a MLB team drafts a player because one scout tells them he has an unhittable fastball and good overall potential?

Updated Monday, July 6 2015 @ 6:33:34 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
You understand that this would move the needle from somewhere between the owner's ability to judge talent on one end and pure luck on the other as it stands now, instead pegging it to the pure luck end of the spectrum? So, you would be advocating for removing most of the mystery and art of drafting and would prefer relying entirely on drawing lucky cards?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
By the way Mike, I think you should post a fleshed out proposal for increasing the number of prospects to choose from on draft day in the suggestion section. I think it's a solid idea that deserves a separate discussion.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

On first blush, it seems like a good idea to replace any of your slate of prospects that get picked by someone else with a new one from the pool

Sorry, coming to this topic late, but didn't Steve already say he fixed that problem? So the 5 guys you get you get until you pick one. Steve already made that fix.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't recall anything like that. It's not something I've ever dealt with, so it's not a stretch to think I may have overlooked any change regarding it, Rock.

Updated Monday, July 6 2015 @ 3:23:28 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It was this thread.

Go back two pages in the thread and you can see Steve's comment saying that he did this already.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I knew that was said, but it is not accurate. That's why I felt I could wait. Warning to all of you--that is not true. Your possible draftees CAN be taken by other owners.

Updated Monday, July 6 2015 @ 10:17:34 pm PDT
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, it's very unlikely that this will happen as picking players doesn't take more than 30 seconds.

Even this week when i was very undecided about 2 players, it took a couple of minutes.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Uh, it did happen to me. Yes, I waited a few hours because I was on mobile and didn't have access to my handy dandy player evaluator to help determine which of two possible pitchers I would take. The point is Steve said that can't happen now, so owners assume that's the case--it's not.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve said that it can happen in rare instances. It used to substitute a player for the lost guy. It no longer does because that would lead to everyone waiting for their crappy prospects to be picked and repopulated with another player. That is way more unfair than the remote chance of losing a player with no replacement.

Previous Page | Show All |