Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Cutting a 14-pot minor leaguer is always painful   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
He is a strange case indeed. Half his SI is in range and speed...that's a crying shame.

Bookmark him. Maybe some level 6 bot team plays him and his major league exp does something for him.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I would have a hard time cutting him. His scouting is ideal.

A long shot to fill out, as you say. But that scouting. I find myself rationalizing giving him a chance (geez, its still early this season. If he popped 2x b/f next he only need 2x per season over the next 4 to cap out).

I suspect he would generate quite a bit of interest. Probably get sucked up and spit out by a half dozen trawler teams before finding a home.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

I suspect he would generate quite a bit of interest. Probably get sucked up and spit out by a half dozen trawler teams before finding a home.

This is what drives me nuts about free agency, too many people don't seem to have plans other than bouncing from waiver to waiver, free agent to free agent. The time wasted bouncing between those teams very often means Fridays spent on the waiver wire instead of gaining training, thus putting them further behind.
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Leads me to a question newt man

Im thinking that as a free agent, you could be signed at any time....wouldn't that mean it is best to keep yourself in tip top shape by training? I mean I don't think training should be decreased to zero. I'm dlnot saying they should get the quality training of a team neither. What I am saying is that these waiver guys should be getting some sort of training...at least 1/2 of what they would receive on a team.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's a question for Steve, I feel like it has been suggested before, maybe it is more doable now? Regardless it actually makes more sense for people to just make the cuts to players who are still developing and therefore have lower salaries on Friday rather than before the update on Thursday. Anyone who thinks that saving 20k-50k a week by cutting developing players is the answer to their financial problems (if they have them) is to be quite frank looking in the wrong spot.

Note: This does not extend to high priced veterans who are already fully trained and therefore miss nothing being on waivers on Friday, those guys should be cut on Thursdays.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
My understanding was that players continue to receive training for a few weeks after they are cut.

Got that from a forum post, but it wasn't a horse's mouth post. Might be heresay / old wives tale.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would love clarification from Steve as to whether players continue to receive training after they are cut then, as you tend to be correct in your posts Seca, but I'm pretty sure I saw the opposite posted somewhere.
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I could never do this. I am not brave enough to actually cut a 14 POT player, they could be too useful. Even if most of it goes to fielding, it could make a pretty nice impact in the long run, in terms of runs saved.....I think.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, he was last in my minors rankings (i know this means nothing), but i have 2B locked up for some years.

Current 2B
Future 2B

If he was a C or 1B (my weakest positions) maybe i could have waited another year or two
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, Toni Roque landed in Eugene, which means he's in my league, III.3.

Previous Page | Show All |