Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft #2 2023   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I drafted Mike Jacobs yesterday.
VG hitter prolific slugger amazing fielding VG overall. Almost no range or arm. 13 pot. 17 years old RH switch hitter.
Any thoughts anyone?
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball

I'd train him at 3b. I love a 3b/c combo.

Right now I am training him at second because I already have Cody Costa at third in the future and he's my #1-ranked prospect right now, but I do expect Villalobos to come up sooner than he does. I dunno.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
On second thought, I might actually do that and train Costa to play first, since Villalobos can be a good fielder and Costa won't
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
After a disappointing first week, I went International and snagged up Oleg Pavlovsky. A 14 pot hitter. Should I go SS with this one?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Raze, his range is a bit low for SS imo, as I think he'd be better at 3B. That's just without looking at the rest of your minor/major roster though

Welcome to the forums!
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, newt! I'll follow your advice on Oleg. Excited for my first season.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I need to bump the overall potential down on my priorities (at least for hitters).

Followed up draft 1's Good-13 LF/2B instacut with a VG-12 DH instacut
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got a pretty good prospect for once. http://brokenbat.org/player/110482
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@Raze: I've always wanted to get myself a Russian player like you got. So don't you dare quitting the game before you make him a star, ok? ;)

As for my own pick, drafted this guy as I noticed I'm a bit short of 1B prospects, but not sure if he's a keepr or not.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Yuri

I truly believe that 12 POT players are undervalued. If you had drafted the exact same player, except with 13 POT would you keep him? Abolutely! If you plan on playing him, he would have to be a first baseman or DH, flat and simple. That's his downside. However, with the lack of points in the fielding and speed ratings, he has tremendous upside in hitting.

Lets say that his hitting becomes a 16, power a 15, and fielding an 8. Lets also say that he will end with an SI of 99. So, with the ratings I listed above plus the already basically set in stone ones, this leaves 29 points to be split between BC and PD. Since BC is ahead of PD right now, I'm going to say that BC gets the extra point in the end. Through this analysis, you are looking at:

Hitting: 16
Bat Control: 15
Plate Discipline: 14
Power: 15
Speed: 11
Fielding: 8
Range: 8
Arm: 12

Those are pretty darn good ratings for a LH 1st basemen or a DH. Here is my DH who may be quite similar to your prospect, with a few slight differences.

I think he is worth keeping, especially in Division V where he could be a perennial all-star.

Previous Page | Show All |