Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
corona97

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i shall follow your advice.
LimelightPete

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can anyone tell me why my manager would deviate so far from protocol on pitching?

For two games during this cup round, he let my starters go 158 and 159 pitches into the game. They were limited to 100 and 90 pitches, and had hooks set at 5.

What gives...?

http://brokenbat.org/game/1773504
http://brokenbat.org/game/1773506
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Generally this will occur if you don't have any rested relievers who are allowed to enter the game at the inning specified. Make sure you have enough LR and MR assigned and that they can enter the game early in case of blow ups. I generally always have my LR set to 1, and my MR set to 5.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
@Limelight - you only have 10 pitchers. Most rosters have 12. It looks like your spot starter and both middle relievers were fatigued. That means you had no one else to come in to a blow out. You need two more pitchers and then you need to watch your pitcher's fatigue. If all of your long and middle relief are heavy fatigue, you need to swap a setup guy into a long relief role.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You don't need more than 10 pitchers, they just all need to be good if you only carry 10. I find it difficult to get everyone the innings I want them to get with more than 10 pitchers to be honest.

Rock is correct though, making sure the LR can come in as early as the 1st inning, but that the middle reliever doesn't come in before at least the 4th, more likely the 5th, will help you not waste guys too early.

Updated Sunday, July 5 2015 @ 6:11:44 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
BTW, I find LR a great place to put rookies that you want to get a decent number of innings. They will improve really quick, and are mostly pitching in games you already lost.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Unless your rotation is really good, then they may not get many chances and therefore innings. Middle relief is the other spot you can get them some lower leverage innings, though they will be more important than the long relief innings.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I see your point. My rotation is garbage, so the LR gets decent innings ;)
hockeyman10

Muskegon Heights
VI.8

Broken Bat Baseball
This one guy in my bullpen http://brokenbat.org/player/102485 is sapose to be in AA but I called him up anyway. He has a 1.69ERA and it says he is pitching cold.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@hockey, form is based on his last three appearances. If you hover your cursor over the form or click on recent results you'll see what that form is based on... a 4.50 ERA in 2 innings in his last 3 appearances. Also, you are risking him not hitting his max potential by bringing him up early, but if you have no other options then it could be justified.

Previous Page | Show All |