Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Should I give up on this guy?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/83963

I thought he'd become decent slugger with good defense, but if last season and spring training are any indication, he might be the worst player in my entire system.

Updated Thursday, June 18 2015 @ 9:56:13 am PDT
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Assuming he has 11-12 left in his development which puts him 1-2 short of full cap.... He would not be of much help to you IMHO. His high speed and high power on a 13 potential make it too difficult for other important areas to make it. I'd prefer him at a max 8 power with high speed or closer to 9 speed. If all those points go into hit, bc, or pd..... Then the player has the obp required to allow for either lots of stolen bases and doubles, or can hit the 20 home runs and have the slugging percentage high enough to be an effective participant in the offense. I think the player you have there outside of d.vi and d.v will struggle to get to a 225 average, and therefore struggle to get the ops or stolen bases required.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
He is a really good fielder and he's likely to add 4-5 points to his fielding. His hitting and PD are just so low. If he was a 2B or SS I would likely say his fielding was worth it. Too bad he's lefthanded.

Updated Thursday, June 18 2015 @ 11:38:13 am PDT
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
His skills are high in the "wrong" areas. Not enough hitting and getting on base for my liking. Just my 2 cents.
jakobfreele

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like one of those guys that is never going to be a great hitter, only good for defensive substitutions.
Philliesworld

Blacksburg Bulldogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
He is a 100 k per 500 at bats kind words of hitter with a .210 avg.
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd keep him on the roster as a situational defensive player.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He's not even worth keeping as a defensive sub. Because if he comes into a game and has to hit, you might as well save him the embarassment and send him back to the dugout and give the other team an out. With only approximately 10-15 points left and several of those going towards fielding, a 7 hitting and 6 PD will not get it done on ANY level.

Ok, if you can be absolutely certain the manager will not give him any ABs, and you don't find a suitable replacement who can hit the broad side of a barn with similar fielding attributes, then I guess its worth keeping him. In my game strategy, as soon as I find anyone with mediocre fielding and who has at least 14 for hitting and PD, I will add them and drop the weaker hitting player. I take an extreme Moneyball approach. That's just my gameplan and I'm not saying mine is flawless or better than others; its just my 2 cents.

Edit: Especially for a 1st basemen, who are typically hitting first and fielding second, I would try to find a heavy-hitting backup 1st basemen who can come off the bench and give you a good chance to get on base or hit one out of the yard.

Updated Wednesday, June 24 2015 @ 10:33:22 pm PDT
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
He should gain at least a couple of points in hitting, but i would not start him at first base, even against righties.

I'd keep him as defensive replacement in CF, but nothing more.

Previous Page | Show All |