Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Where did these guys come from?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Obviously I don't have the same sense of humor as any other forum posters...
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hehe.

I am enjoying the new schedule. With the 20 game schedule, I was pretty stingy about who got to play. Getting many more guys in there. Think I only have 2 minor league players w/o an AB or IP.

Pitchers are working pretty hard tho.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
My team's 11-1 so far. Doing well even against the higher division teams that field some of their major leaguers.

Hopefully my newly promoted youngsters will gain some training, in the previous seasons I haven't seen much improvement to my players SI during spring training.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I won the first two games with basically my major league roster, but I haven't won a game since those two. I've lost about 15 straight and they've been absolute blowouts. I'm wondering if I'm doing anything wrong because this has never happened before to me and I'm beginning to worry.

Edit: After the first two games, I started playing my minor league guys

Updated Tuesday, June 16 2015 @ 12:46:00 am PDT
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think this matters too much, the point of spring training is to give the youngsters some playing time and some chance to face better oposition. And who knows, maybe one of them will surprise you and hit/pitch better than expected? I personally don't only play minor league guys, also some guys (25yo or less) that are close to the lineup and I want to decide which one of them will make it (if any).

The win-loss record is negligible.

After a quick glance at your spring pitching, seems you have a lot of Rookie/A pichers. Don't expect too much of them ;) My Rookie/A pitchers have following spring ERAs: 27.00, 21.60, 27.00, 13.50.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
My team is facing the most epic battle tonight:
http://brokenbat.org/game/1704463
:D :D :D
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh look, the fruit cup, congrats on that Yuri...

Yeah, as I said it's meaningless, though my team has a history of under-performing in spring training even by minor league guys' standards. Lost 5 straight to a couple teams who for whatever reason were playing their major league rosters, but managed to steal a win even against one of them. In seasons past the small number of games has meant that the sample size was really too small to mean anything, the fact that we are playing against minor league players some days and major league guys other days still limits the usefulness of the data, but hopefully at least the sample size worries will be diminished.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Update: Still haven't won a spring training game since the first day. I lost one game 28-1, but the highlight of the day was the game I actually almost won. I lost 8-7

Updated Tuesday, June 16 2015 @ 4:58:26 pm PDT
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Apple Valley - Pearland: 3-0.

Is there a Cherryville or Lemontown somewhere? I'll gladly take them on! :D
ambauer88

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Proud to say I have 4 wins so far this Spring Training Season. And using the obvious fact that the worse you do in ST the better you'll do in the regular season, I expect promotion this season.

Previous Page | Show All |