Forum >> Discussions >> 2023 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Laredo shared the division with Pomona.
Ballpark built to favor LHH.
I played all season long with LHPs starting at home, and RHP s on by he road.

After the very first series vs Pomona, I learnt NEVER Never let em see a LHP ever again.

Brutally torched.

Dont do it
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the responses guys. Great stuff.

I get the sample size comments. But I've found previous meetings to be a pretty decent indicator. Seems to me sometimes a pitcher's toolset doesn't work as well against a certain collection of players.

I doubt either starter would come up with a gem, so it's more about damage control. Since the 3 big arms in the back of my bullpen are RHP, it makes more sense to go Bermudez (hope for a good start, but min hook) --> Bradley (hope he fares better against vs. RHP line-up) --> late game.

The GB-FB comment was really astute, and something I hadn't considered. I really like the idea of a FB pitcher. Pomona is so good at moving runners. More FBs might slow that down. (Then again, have made 3 OF errors in 5 games so far). Means prolly not getting out of trouble with a DP, but there have been runners everywhere this series, and my DPs few. Pomona batters seem to be ground ball hitters. I guess throwing the opposite is good? So long as he can keep it in the park.

Anyway, thanks again for the input. Nice to know Frankebasta - who is an accomplished alchemist with his pitching staff and has lots of Pomona experience - reached the same conclusion.

PS - spellchecker replaced FBs with Arabs. Thanks spellchecker! :roll:
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Match engine is definitely a tease. Bermudez gets the first 2 batters on 4 pitches, and then walks 4 of the next 5 (with a single mixed in). Anyway, the plan worked well. Bermudez did pop fairly early, but Bradley came in and kept it close. Bats eventually ground out some runs.

Found it comical I said Bradley was good at holding runners. Gave up a SB on the first batter he faced, and a double steal on the second.

Very pleased to get it to game 7. Like to give Hardy opportunities to be a hero. Feel like I've done my job - up to him now. :)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats Spoon! My team played like they didn't deserve to be there, but heads will roll that were pre-planned. Abbott, Yama*beep*a, and Napoli are all gone.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
newtman, I have no idea how we were able to win. Your team played great, especially in key situations. I wouldn't be too hasty with getting rid of arms just yet, pitching is thinner than the hair on Charles Barkley's head.

I can't wait for next season, good luck moving forward.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Spoon, check out my minor leagues... that is why heads had to roll. :)
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
This was an interesting season. Below .500 before the break, now above .500 and finished in 4th.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Bit of a disappointing finish to our series.

There was a recent thread in Suggestions (I think) talking about the play-offs. I was surprised by the number of posters who weren't that into the playoffs. I guess my opponent is in that camp. Instead of a thrilling Hardy vs. Reed or Hardy vs. Roman showdown, it was Hardy vs. Lindsey. Oh well. We're keeping the trophy anyway.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I didn't expect to get another Pitcher RotY award but looks like I did. He got a nice little SI boost to go with it, so not a bad wrap-up to the season.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow, I never thought that Doug Pierce would ever be in the race to get a CY Young this year. Guess what? He did!!! :D Had the the best ERA, 3rd in K's, had 17 wins. What an amazing season for this ball-club.

Previous Page | Show All |