Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Division III ready?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Alright, this past season was my first in Division IV. I was not expecting to walk right in and move to Division III. To be honest, I was hoping to stick around in D IV for a few seasons to develop a really solid minors system. Mine right now is ok, but its extrememly young and only a handful of players will be ready in the next 2-3 seasons.

Anyway, I was in a very weak division and got first place with a record of only 89-71. In what I believe is a microcosum of next season, I was swept by the winner of the other division who is clearly Division III ready. So, my question is, will I get clobbered in Division III, and what can I do to help this? That is, where are my weak spots?
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Slug, I had that happen to me back in 2020 when I strolled through IV. Some tips to stay up in III is to sign good, old, key players. They will help you stay up. I signed 34 yo Emilio Cantu and he put up nice numbers. I also signed 32 yo Roberto Garza. Key player and he hit .297 for me. Also, play around with your starting lineups. You can find that if you play with your lineup, you can do better. Same with pitching. Former closer Derrick Roy got booted from the closer's job, so Jim Lane filled in and well. Roy also did well at set-up man.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It's hard to say. Division strength can vary quite a bit within a tier. Looking at your team, I think you would have been competitive in III.3 this past season.

I would encourage you to look at the division you are promoting into a see how you compare to the teams that finished 3 or 4 this past season.

I don't see any obvious weakness in your team. One thing I might keep an eye out for is another big bopper. I would expect the HR production of Daniels and Valdez to drop next season. So if either Simpson or Mejia has an off year, you could be hurting for production.

Maybe Gallagher grows into this guy? I would still keep an eye open for another big bat.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks everyone! I have over 60 million in the bank, so I can afford to pay for an expensive free agent or two. I'll keep my eyes peeled for power upgrades as well. Thanks everyone!

Previous Page | Show All |