Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> List of Good Players to get after Playoffs!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
95th Cub

Racine Bombers
VI.18

Broken Bat Baseball
If you need power: Charles Atkins

If you need some power, but more overall hitting: Juan Martin

If you need to keep the seat warm for a 2b prospect or a solid guy who can step in off the bench: Casey Turner
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Welp

Not a fan of this list, just will keep the contested claims go from 100 to 150.

Gives me from 1% chance to .75% chance and I will take the extra .25 anyday, no mean to rain on your parade
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Anyway, all three of these guys may look good now, but they will all be 30+ next year and will likely decline.
95th Cub

Racine Bombers
VI.18

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that'll likely be the case, as I said about at least one guy, the guys I posted are for the most part stopgap solutions. You never know though, somebody out there might have a prospect he doesn't wanna rush, but still wants to compete in his league, maybe they stumble upon this thread and say "hey, maybe this guy can keep the seat warm for a year or two"

If they latch on with somebody, cool, if they don't get signed, no skin off my back. Just tells me being an agent's not my thing :D
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I finally gave up on Toni "Tabasco" Pascual. If someone wants to take a flier on him he'll be 29 next season. He seems likely to be one of those guys whose scouting report on potential just plain overestimated, because I kept him at the recommended level. No pops this season mean he's likely done growing, so that 4.00+ ERA in over 400 career innings is likely to be what you are getting.
Peekay

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow terrible drop their newt. Wouldn't look at era bud as it's a terrible indicator of performance.

That player has an above average whip, is young and costs pennies!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Terrible drop? That's your opinion, I on the other hand have actually been paying attention to the performance of my entire staff and prospects for several seasons, and in my more informed opinion he is the weak link, but if you love him so much go for him. It's why I posted him here. :P

Btw, he's also tied for the oldest guy on my staff, which shows exactly how uninformed your opinion is.

Updated Friday, May 29 2015 @ 12:48:10 pm PDT
Peekay

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Me and I'd guess 50-100 others will be putting Waiver Claims on him in the offseason.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had to cut ties with some players who might actually still have been useful backups but were standing in the way of young talent.
Brent Stevenson was my utility infielder for the last two seasons, delivering a 783 OPS and decent defense in 25 appearances in five different roles this season, in League 3. He's getting old and should drop below 100 SI this offseason, but at least in the lower leagues, he should still be able to contribute off the bench.
Harvey Koch was my backup catcher for several seasons. Classical defensive catcher: He's always struggling with the Mendoza line, but when he does hit, he packs a little bit of punch, and he has a career rate of throwing out 37.8% of base stealers. At 28 and 106 SI, he might actually still develop a bit before he'll start declining.
Ducky Gotou is a reliever who can go multiple innings if needed. In seven seasons with the Isotopes, he was never really good, and his 97 SI hasn't shown any improvement in four seasons, but a 1.3 WHIP and .242 BAA in 63 League 3 innings this season ain't all that bad either. As his game isn't depending on high velocity, there shouldn't be much decrease as he turns 31.
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll be giving Pascual a pass, so feel free to put in a claim. Newtman is right about his performance. His BAA and WHIP are both far too high.

Previous Page | Show All |