Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft Day- 5/22/15   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
All 5 had terrible scouting reports, so another catch and release.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Got 4 above averages all with negative reports (2 never will be good hitters, 1 never will be good fielder and a pitcher with below average control) and a none-guy. Tried the latter, turned out to be a 10 pot, released.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got a very good, 13 POT. Very good hitting 2nd basemen who can be a decent slugger and has 18 speed. :) Not a bad find this late in the season
GreenYoshi

Brookhaven Mustangs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
He won't be the greatest stat wise, but the name is definitely memorable.

Ice Berg

And in honor of the nickname Ice, I gave him jersey #0; the degree in Celsius that water turns to ice. I would have chosen 32 for Fahrenheit but my team captain current holds that number. If only he was from Alaska, that would have been truly over the top.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha! That's awesome GreenYoshi.

I should have left him on roster until Friday for him to get at least one update for whomever gives him a chance next season.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that players get training for 2-3 weeks after being cut. So he should be fine.
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wasn't able to get a pitcher and I'm not sure about this guy either..

http://brokenbat.org/player/108733
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got a 10 pot player, and he had the best scouting report. He's already been cut. Worst scouting crop I'd ever seen this week, at least the slot is already open for next week's pick.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A day with early hopes that went sour fast.
Training started with good results from the major leaguers, but when the prospects started popping up, there wasn't much there.
In the draft, I was hoping for a pitcher, went Asian and actual was offered four pitchers, three of them with good overall potential. I took the one with the most promising scouting report. He turned out to be 11p, with basically no room for development in any parameter not mentioned in the report. His flight back to Japan should be right over Alaska at this moment, so he could wave hello to Mr. Ice Berg.
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Look at this gem I picked up...

Updated Friday, May 22 2015 @ 4:25:32 pm PDT
Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
11 pot pitcher, but his scouting report was good enough, I'll keep him for at least a week, especially after last week's 9. However, I did have a guy pop from a 13 to a 14 pot.

Iseul Yoo

Thought that was an urban legend! Super cool!

Updated Friday, May 22 2015 @ 7:53:05 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |