Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Hall Of Fame   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Broken Bat players don't take PEDs?

If we have people do individual team HOFs, then people should run their Hall of Fames the way the want...

Updated Friday, May 22 2015 @ 10:13:48 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
For team Hall of Fames, if a team goes vacant and a new management comes in -- does the HoF membership get reset?

Steve
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think not.
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Updated Friday, May 22 2015 @ 11:43:33 am PDT
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm for team hall of fames, and when a new team takes over, and I suppose we could keep them when a new owner comes in (or when someone changes teams)

I would also have the option to nominate someone you cut for your team hall of fame if he had some years of ML time on your team and is close to retirement age (Like the age when skills start declining fast), but you only have a limited amount of choices per season.
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
We could break down HOF introductions into categories. Have an Early Era category for those players who played the bulk of their careers in the early years when players broke in younger, lasted longer, and there were no injuries. A category each for Upper (Legends to 3) and Lower (4-6) for players who played mostly in those. A Manager category, and a Builder category.

Each preseason we could nominate a hitter and pitcher from each category and every week vote and narrow them down until the end of the season and the winners get inducted.

I like the idea about a team hall as well. I think that could be where we choose to honour our own players, and tie it into retiring numbers.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Twoplums, I second that. Those are all great ideas
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That is a great idea! If we do voting, we could have a voting period for a while (maybe half a season/a full season, while inductions will be the offseason of that season)
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I really like the idea of a team HOF. It would give a sense of history to teams. Especially for managers who are just picking up a team. It would be cool if there was a list of trophies next to the players name to show what he accomplished. Also maybe a write up section where managers can write the importance of the player to the team's history. I do think there should be restrictions such as the player had to have played for the team for at least 8 seasons or something like that.

Two Plums has a good idea with separating players playing the majority of their career in the upper leagues and lower leagues. With promotion it's really difficult to make the stats really comparable. This will help a little. I also think it should be very exclusive because nobody is going to care about a HOF with 100 different player links. Not many people will click through that. I think 5 for the first season and then 1 every subsequent season. It would make for some lively debates and voting on the forums I think. Which could be fun.

buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Why not just 5 the first season and then whoever gets a certain percentage after? It wouldn't be fair to many players who deserve to get in to get thrown to the wayside because someone slightly better than them comes along. In MLB, it's around 80%, but could be altered for BB if we wanted to

Previous Page | Show All |