Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Promotion -> Potential delta   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just curious if anyone has done the math. I'm working under the assumption (possibly incorrect) that players are recommended to the next level once all of their skills have breached some delta from their potential.

e.g. Player A has a potential value of 15 for all his skills.

When all his skills reach at least W he is recommended to A. When all his skills reach at least X he is recommended to AA. When all his skill reach at least Y he is recommended to AAA. When all his skills reach at least Z he is recommended to the Majors.

If this hypothesis is true it can be determined by comparing the player's last updated skill with their final skill value (several years later). So for instance, if Z is 5, then I can assume that Troy Moody will max out at 18 hitting or 17 Power. If he maxes out at 16 power and 18 hitting, then I'd know that Z is 4.

Anyone done the math yet? Or am I completely wrong about promotion?

I can probably figure it out just by evaluation of enough players, but before I pour hours into the task I wanted to check if anyone had already done it.

Updated Tuesday, April 28 2015 @ 7:05:19 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My experience is that there seem to be different types of players. Some learn evenly across all levels, some learn a lot at the high levels of the minors (double A and triple A), while some seem to not gain skills at an appreciable rate until the majors. I've seen all three of these types hit their cap and all three types come up one or two blocks short (it has been suggested their scouting was off). The only type I haven't seen yet are guys that learn fast at low levels and slow down later.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If folks can post their players suggested for promotion this week I can start collating the data.

Its a bit difficult trying to infer this looking at people's rosters since some folks don't promote their players right away when they are recommended for promotion.

Previous Page | Show All |