Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Prospect Ranking   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
It will depressing when my best prospect is the 1432 best prospect in the game. please don't add the feature that Haselrig is asking for.

(Kidding)

That's a very good idea. Or it could be it's own column.

Anyway to make that page sortable? Would especially like to sort on the estimated arrival year.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Heh, maybe to have some mercy on garfscores and those prospects that don't quite measure up, mark anyone falling out of the top one hundred with something like 15 (-).
ambauer88

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Also wouldn't want to depress the newbies who log in for the first time and realize just HOW bad their minors are. For me that took a couple weeks to really sink in, by which point I had already overhauled it so much that it had become moot.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Heck, MY minors have me a bit depressed. Hopefully I get more comfortable with the formula used, but right now I'm looking at a ton of guys with ratings in the 30s and 40s and shaking my head a bit.
dilun

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
good info to have. most nice tool!!
i'am newb so ??? is potential is how far they can go.
Skill is were they are now.
with "PR" "propect ranking" the rating 58.1
is for all players in minors at that lvl ??
So he is 59 SI/ 12 POT/ 58.1 rated/
in "A lvl minors". this would mean? he is 58% of all
minors in the A minors at 12 potential or all players
no matter potential.
yanksfan13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
We could do a poll and have people vote on the top 50 or top 100. Have people develop their own criteria based on their experiences playing the game. Just a thought.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't count guys out just because of their raating. It depends on what their role will be. I have a future DH rated about 23 but I still believe in him in that role. Especially new owners, make sure you put everything in perspective.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got a 19 year old 12 pot guy before two 15 pot guys and he is not extremely fast or a defensivley gifted.

Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe this was already discussed above, although I didn't find.
What "Top Skills" stands for? It's matter of projections or actual skills (or a combo of the two)?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Top skills are the players current top skills -- for the most part. Speed and such are handled a little differently because it doesn't develop like other skills.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |