Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Free Agent Salaries   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Do free agent salaries decrease each week as they sit on the FA? It would make sense. Like in real life, if the guys demands are nonsense, the longer he sits without a job the more reasonable his demands become. Just curious if the game works this way (I don't really pay much attention to the old guys).
GreenYoshi

Brookhaven Mustangs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't believe they do. They sit there until the next season rolls over and their wages go down. Add in the fact their salary raises when they're release and the old guys will be stuck there for some time. Sad seeing franchise players released and go by the wayside until retirement or young kids with some potential never get the chance to fulfill it.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, it really would be better if they went down weekly (real-time) rather than seasonally.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I suggested this mechanic in the past, but there wasn't interest in it overall.
There are many free agent guys who could be somewhat useful with less salary demands.
I think it could work.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed. And it doesn't seem like it would be too compute intensive.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Unlike a few of the other ideas floating around I'm a big fan of this idea, a touch more realism, and an added skill in knowing when to grab a player, or gambling that no-one will take him for another week until the salary drops.

Previous Page | Show All |