Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Attendance   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does anyone have a feel for the way attendance is calculated since the change last season? My opponent today had back to back games of higher attendance than I've had all season despite the fact that my mood has been about 20 points higher all year. I can't make any sense of it.
GreenYoshi

Brookhaven Mustangs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel the changes have made it harder to attract fans to the games. Maybe it was just me, but somewhere in '16 + '17 seasons I moved up attendance to 50,000 for division 5 and 6 and eventually made 100M (Team Balance)... of course, I adjusted to roughly 40K until I settled for 35K for the last several seasons in division 4. Since the changes, I've struggled to consistently reach the max attendance and it stinks that series are heavily stacked away or home. I'm getting my first huge payout this week with 6/7 days at home.

What bugs me the most is that my team has 140 fan mood, just got a promotion last season, is playing competitive baseball and somehow we can't fill 38K?!? What do I need to do, make every home game bobblehead day to get 'em to come? I'll do it!

Updated Saturday, April 18 2015 @ 6:21:15 pm PDT

Updated Saturday, April 18 2015 @ 6:23:21 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
There isn't the same consistency as there used to be and I think weather has a big effect
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Consistency is actually higher, way higher.

Before, it was all according to the last game(s).

Now, it relies on Fan Mood, but also Prestige, and of course the league you're playing is paramount.

PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe Steve's intention was to bring attendance closer to the major league levels by lowering the high end attendance and raising the lower end. For instance, my club in six went from 13k to 23k. Granted, mood went from 76 (60 wins) to around 120 (90+ avg) today.

My division six stadium is 24,500 and in league I'm doing around 23k (no league sellouts) if this helps anyone trying to figure out where to set seating from the lowest level. If you go with the 5k increase for each level, like in the manual, then maybe you would start at 19-23k and work up from there.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Except it doesn't seem to be an even increase by level like that Snowflake. I do think your perspective from LL 6 is useful though, as it shows it is having the intended effects on teams at the bottom of making economic life better.

Previous Page | Show All |