Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft Day 4/17/15   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jdick1990

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Dale Hodge

Real solid 13 pot OF with potential to be a real nice platoon lefty. Gonna have to find someone to cut is gonna be tough though.
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm excited about my pick, http://brokenbat.org/player/106587. Granted not a 14 pot or higher, but stats are in the right place. Should make a nice solid 2B that can bat cleanup.

Maybe getting only 1 decent player in last year's draft and this year has me really happy with Polanco.
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Should add I'm waiting on my 1B to decide he wants to play in the majors but had a good bit of movement in the minors which was good.

Started this draft season with 2 13's and 1 14 so I guess I can't complain there.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
11 Pot for me, not worth looking at. Haselrig - you have some talent in the minor's my suggestion would be Todd Woodward - no only because you have another Woodward, but hes weaker than your other pitchers who will pop at the same time
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got a 11 POT scrub -- dumped right into waivers...
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So, if you want my honest opinion, if I were you Haselrig, I would cut Palmer next. Your minors are rock solid, your major league roster is already good, he hasn't gotten any ABs this season, his range and arm are terrible for 3B, and he's 30 so he's about to decline. After that I would cut my other 31 and 30 yos, because your minor league guys all look like studs.

Edit: Looked again and saw you just picked him up. Why'd you even claim him? Where is he an upgrade? Honest questions... btw, this line of thinking is how I deal with my own team and is why I don't have a player over 30 and why I briefly didn't have anyone over 29 for the last two game months of 2021.

Updated Friday, April 17 2015 @ 9:52:13 pm PDT

Updated Friday, April 17 2015 @ 9:54:25 pm PDT
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Took a pitcher who had above average potential with a fastball with pop. Turned out to be a 10 pot bum, released immediately.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been over my minors multiple times in the last 24 hours. I just don't see a cut there. If I had to cut a prospect, it would likely be the 15 POT OF Park. He has the most red flags in my mind. High ceiling, but a low floor too. He's old for his level and behind in SI. He's at a position I don't need and the position I'd envisioned training him at, catcher, has since picked up two prospects better equipped for the role in Ramírez & Bauta.

I can see your point with Woodward JJNZ, but he'll be a replacement for Gray who's control issues have kept me from trusting him with much responsibility beyond LR or SS. Woodward could be a solid 4th or 5th starter or a rock solid reliever when better prospects get to the majors.

I think you have it right newtman, Palmer will likely be the least painful cut. The first reason I picked him up is that I'm giddy to actually be getting waiver claims :) After that, his PD + speed makes him an intriguing guy at the top of my lineup as a DH. He basically has a one-week try-out period to impress me. So far, so good. The offense was humming in the four games since I picked him up, but he's just keeping the seat warm until Munoz decides he's ready for the Majors.

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it. This roster talk may be the most fun I have in Broken Bat. I might start a separate thread just for this sort of thing.

Updated Saturday, April 18 2015 @ 6:35:58 am PDT
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
luck is finally starting to shine upon me for the drafts;got my 2nd straight 14 pot(great hitter,decent slugger,outstanding in the field).here's hoping the next draft keeps up the run
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
My first keeper this season 14-pot OF

Crazy teenage defense outfield I have down in rookie/A:
19yo solid/17range/18arm
17yo (blank)/18range/15arm
17yo solid/18range/18arm

Of course my only teenage pitcher is a 12pot few innings guy. Hopefully I can start getting more than one useful pitcher every 15 drafts soon.

Previous Page | Show All |