Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Injuries   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There is a hidden injury factor. There is a reason that guys play 150+ every and others play 125.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I thought I read on the board that you can reduce injuries by having less guys on your squad. Maybe I'm just spouting nonsense though...

I think the actual Steve quote was that injuries will not prevent you from fielding a line-up.

So a team with 13 position players is just as likely to get 4 injuries as a team with 17 position players. But a team with 13 position players will not get a 5th injury, while a team with 17 position players could.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What? I hope you're joking. That makes no sense. If you have nine active guys and force them to play every game they would never get hurt. Be sensible, rest and rotate players and they get injured.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

What? I hope you're joking. That makes no sense. If you have nine active guys and force them to play every game they would never get hurt. Be sensible, rest and rotate players and they get injured.

You have to have 13 guys on the roster, you don't get to choose which 9 become immune to injury if Seca is correct.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha. EXPLOIT!

Put 4 knobs in your line-up. In a season or six, those 4 knobs will all get injured at the same time. Then you will have a mystical 3 games where your 9 starters are immune to inujury!

Really. Its entirely reasonable to cap injuries there. The game was premised on not having to log in between matches.

Updated Thursday, April 16 2015 @ 5:59:17 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
So those injury prone guys can be useful then! As lightning rods :)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This would be a valid strategy, though only if people have nine guys they trust for any and all situations. Unfortunately the injury prone guys on my roster include some of the guys I'd rather be part of the nine in the lineup.
GreenYoshi

Brookhaven Mustangs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I didn't want to make a new one for the same topic.

Anywho, my catcher Chris Hampton is out again for like the 6th time this season with the same "fatigue" injury.

Curious if any of your catchers are having the same problem. I say problem because it seems like it's happening way too frequently.

I'm going to start recording when he sustains the injury and if I can find a pattern of "X" number of days he plays and then gets tired. That way I can switch him out before that number for a game. I know it's only 3 days... but that's a series without his bat.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Catchers get injured/fatigued often. It's a demanding position...most big league catchers only catch 120-130 games maximum.

Steve
GreenYoshi

Brookhaven Mustangs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Makes sense. I'm just going to have to adjust accordingly. Thanks for the response Steve.

Previous Page | Show All |