Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I should have put this in the help section
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Very useful info especially for people not used to baseball sim.

Even I found it to be a good read and I'm only new to BB but not sims in general. I probably have to take the advice to go slow and evaluate because the attributes here are different than the attributes in other games. They don't translate to the same performance. Getting hasty and thinking you understand how to evaluate players right from the start is a mistake. You have to learn this game and how it works in order to learn how to read talent properly.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Would love any suggestions on how to improve the Newbie Guide.

Thanks,

Steve
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think you should have a running list of people willing to talk to teams and help them through understanding the game.

I'd also like to see the game locate a chat system that people can use to talk in real time. Many different chat systems exist, some of which are free, and i think it'd make it easier to communicate so that people don't lose interest in the game because they can't get a quicker answer to their questions than every 15-20 minutes a person checks the boards help section.

I've been trying to pull people to buzzerbeater's chat system (Mibbit) and walk them through the basics of what they should be doing, but really haven't gotten many actively on there yet that weren't on their for that simulation game.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I did set this up for anybody who wants to use it:

http://brokenbat.org/forum/0/8/2269
mytton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One important thing to add to the guide:

Read the forums. Especially the Help and Discussion sections. They are your best resource to get a feel for the game. Post questions if you need help but reading back through the forums is the best way to get an understanding of the game. You don't have to believe every opinion thrown out there, but you can get a feel for what is known and what is still being debated about how the game works.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll be sitting in there off and on when possible.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I did set this up for anybody who wants to use it:

http://brokenbat.org/forum/0/8/2269

Sorry, I meant to circle back to this and try to make something more official out of this. Just been busy with several other development tasks.

Steve

Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
No worries Steve, I'll make sure founder doesn't expire on the channel. It'll be there whenever you get a chance to check it out o/
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks...

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |