Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Fun Stats (2022 edition)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
15, 16, and 14 runs scored in game 1,2,and 4 respectivly. 1 run in game 3 Not going against an ace or anything. Guys just took a day off.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
More fun for my opposition than me. :)

In 2021, my 2B De Luca commited 11 errors in 148 games and won his first gold glove.

In 2022, he commited error #6 in game 18. To put this in perspective:

- one of my opponents has a catcher trying his hand an 2B. De Luca has more errors than him.
- disregarding the catcher, De Luca has more errors than the rest of the 2B my division combined.

My 3B has the highest fielding of the 3B in my division. He leads 3B in errors.

My most recent addition is not a licenced OF, but has played 90+ games out there registering 1 error. Made an error in his first game for my club.

Stuff should work itself out in the long run. Always happy when we get through the first part of the season so that these little bad streaks don't look so aggregious.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Errors are streaky (is that a word?) stat.
Plenty of times my infielders, good fielders really, made two or three Err in a game. One time, even four!
... the game was played under rain!
A few of these will skew a season's worth of stats
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed. I regret not saving the game link to my 3B's 4 error performance last season. One for the ages. Though DeLuca hasn't had any multiple error catastrophes.

Early snap-shots of stats can tell some big-fish stories.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Of course that is why I titled this thread "Fun Stats" rather than "Relevant Stats" or "Representative Stats." :D
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
My pitching staff is leading the league in ERA. Near the bottom in walks and wild pitches.

But we've beaned twice as many as team #2. :)
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
An a ball pitcher of mine has pitched in 24 games, 17 starts, and already hit 119 2/3 innings http://brokenbat.org/player/95496
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Bit calmer now...

Raleigh is 0-7 at home against Miami Beach this season.

I quite literally cannot beat this one team at my own field (1-2 at their place).
GreenYoshi

Brookhaven Mustangs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I got a stat for ya,

Dale Morgan is 9-0 in 14 games of relief and 23 1/3 innings. Plus, he was on the DL since spring training and returned roughly around April 17th gameday so that's about 24 games in. He's leading the division in wins... I've named him the Vulture in honor of his late inning wins. Of course, the manager turns to him any chance he gets. The kid is going to be good in the future.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
In today's series Sitka CF Morgan Mills hit a home run in his first at bat of each of the first 3 games against my team. Then he homered again in game 4. I was almost rooting for him in game 5...almost. Coming into the game he had all of 2 home runs this season.

Previous Page | Show All |