Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Cup 2022   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Best of luck to both Mt Vernon and Birmingham. Birmingham had been very resilient the last few series. It's been some good baseball.
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well if the four game series is any indication I will lose. Won the first and lost the next 3. The last two games I lost in extras and the bottom of the ninth. I'm also down my best hitter and my best pitcher for the whole series. But anything can happen in a 3 game series.
95th Cub

Racine Bombers
VI.18

Broken Bat Baseball
Should be close, and I wouldn't be surprised if they needed all three games. Birmingham knocked my boys out, but it didn't piss me off that badly given I wasn't expecting to do anything in the cup, much less as a D6 team, draw first blood against a Legends team once, let alone twice. Hell, I wasn't expecting to knock around anybody so badly their owner released him ASAP (or blow the lead in spectacular fashion), but that's baseball for ya.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's bizarre that they just played a league series and now must battle for the Cup Crown. Can two teams be more similar? Check out these numbers...

Birmingham 233 AVE, 678 OPS, 3.03 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, .981 FPCT
Mt. Vernon 229 AVE, 675 OPS, 3.02 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, .984 FPCT

I recently purchased my Broken Bat 3000 Super Duper Prognosticator on the black market. I used to run thousands of simulations, but this version is so good I just ran one. Here were the results:

Game One
Birmingham 4 - Mount Vernon 3

Game Two
Mount Vernon 2 - Birmingham 1

Game Three
Birmingham 5 - Mount Vernon 2

Order from me now before the rush due to its miraculous accuracy ! :)
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
MukilteoMike hadn't checked the team stats for my league recently. I hadn't realized we were so closely matched. That's quite remarkable.

As for your predictions...... I hope they're wrong. ;)
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats to the Cubs. Starting pitching in this series was as advertised, it came down to the bullpens in two of the games.

Well done to both finalists, win or lose, it's an amazing accomplishment to be one of the last two teams in a tournament consisting of every club in BrokenBat

Updated Monday, May 18 2015 @ 4:27:56 pm PDT
95th Cub

Racine Bombers
VI.18

Broken Bat Baseball
*turns on PA system*

We're singin' Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Gooooo! Hey Mount Vernon, whaddaya say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

I'd play the Champions League song, but a cat stole my copy of it.
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well when I watched the games I suspected something as my mailbox was uncharacteristically full. (Thank you to everyone for all the well wishes and congratulations. We've got a great community of players here.) I couldn't believe how crazy the first game was. Sun hit a triple to tie (he has hit two triples in the past four seasons)and then Hurst hit a single to take the lead. I was contemplating benching Thompson http://brokenbat.org/player/56154 as he's not the player he once was. I decided to leave him in and he did well saving two games with 3 up 3 down ninth innings which was huge.

The last game was won on a 3 sacrifice flies and a solo home run. A lot of productive outs from my team.

It was an exciting cup run to say the least. I had quite a few close calls and near loses along the way.
kladu

Birmingham Athletics
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats!

Too bad my luck did not last a bit longer, or my infield did not blow G1.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

...or my infield did not blow G1.

Very much a Bill Buckner moment by your first baseman. 3 deadly unearned runs in the 8th. Ouch. The big difference, though, is that BB played there regularly. I would have destroyed my phone while watching, that's for sure.

Previous Page | Show All |