Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> new economy   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Naw, not at all I just wanted a quick example, (I do hate the Yanks though)
Yakutat

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Gadzooks,

I had the same thing happen to me. you basically only have 3-4 years before salaries get out of control. And don't even think about keeping a closer past 3 years.

Looking back, I think I probably should have shutdown everybody and used scrubs for the stretch runs. Stats are nice, but there is no benefit for winning your division by a large margin (and any additional stats will kill your salary structure).

For example, this guy is good, but $4.45M for someone who has only one soso year as as starter and the rest of his time as a MR is bordering on ridiculous.

http://brokenbat.org/player/77219

Updated Wednesday, March 25 2015 @ 11:11:26 am PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Honestly I have NO idea how salaries are calculated. There seems to be no rhyme or reason behind them.
softshoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you want everyone on a LEVEL playing surface it is not rocket science. First all players yearly salaries should be set for there current SKILL INDEX, not on how they performed the year before. Next throw away all the finances of every team and set a SALARY CAP. every team has the exact same Salary cap each year. lets say the Salary Cap is lets say 100 million or whatever, if you are over the Salary cap you are forced to get rid of players to get under it. Minor league players do not count toward the Salary Cap until you call them up to the big leagues. How can it get anymore fair than this??? Everyone is on the same playing field with the same salary cap, and equally skilled players count pretty much the same salary wise. The BEST baseball minds will be the ones getting the most bang for there buck when it comes to assembling a team each and every year. The best thing yet about it is....... IT IS VERY SIMPLE CONCEPT !!!!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
softshoe, except it won't be the best baseball minds, it will be the person who wins the waiver or draft on the guy with the skills in the correct places.
softshoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Newtman,it is that way now, at least with a salary cap you are only gonna be able to afford to get a few high level waiver claims. Now you have 80 plus claims on a single player, with the salary cap you will eventually see that number go down. Think about it. If you have a team with good players and are close to the top of the Salary cap already and you see a guy you might want, but really don't need to have. Lets say you are 1 million or so under the salary cap and the player on waiver has a 3.5 million salary. You will need to release a player or players to get that extra 2.5 million salary space needed to place a waiver. As a owner you have to decide is it worth letting this player or players go, for a small chance to win this one? I think there would be quite a bit of strategy involved in building the best team you can each year under the same salary that all the other owner have to use as well. I mean right now some of the team owners with the huge finances can waiver claim and claim and claim, as long a they are lucky there is no end to it.

Updated Wednesday, March 25 2015 @ 1:29:12 pm PDT

Updated Wednesday, March 25 2015 @ 1:31:37 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
softshoe, not true, the salaries right now combined with the decreased attendance on the high end mean many teams with large salaries currently are bleeding their huge banks down to size. It will even out over a few seasons. Having the salaries not blow up while players are still gaining skills would help just as much.
Camerena

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don’t see any problems with the new financial system. The reason why there is no need for a salary cap is the actual financial system, you have to look after the financial situation of your franchise by your own! The implementation of a salary cap would just make the whole finance useless, which wouldn’t make any sense. So please let the economy work a few season before you complain about it again.
This game is baseball simulation, like Mig stated a few times, and this is perfectly fine. But sport is also a business, therefore the financial part shouldn’t be reduced or even erased.

I fully trust Steve, he will make the right decisions for the game.
softshoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the last I checked having a salary cap would still be having quite a bit of financial business in this game. Not many teams in the baseball world have winning seasons but yet lose income. (don't make sense) If that was the case no one could afford to have teams in the MLB. I won last year and lost 12 million in the process, and really didn't have but a few really good players. Why do I want to spend many seasons grooming my young players to become big league players, just so after a year or 2 I need to release them, because I can't afford to keep them with this system? sounds like a lot of wasted time.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Softshoe, the Financial part of the game is still a work in progress, i'm sure Steve, doesn't want to make it so that you can only keep your home grown talent for 2 years before you have to worry about becoming bankrupt, but we'll have to wait and see how the current financial settings work and then he'll adjust to make it more realistic, unfortunately, that can take some time, we all have to be patient...

Previous Page | Show All |