Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Injury!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
My former Cy Young winner has been injured 3 times this season for a total of 50 days...just saying
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm going to make a few notes on my injuries next season. I know every starting pitcher but 1 has been hurt. I have a reliever I swear has been out 6-7 times.

My position players aren't as bad, but they cluster. The catchers get hurt together. The second basemen get hurt together. This past series I lost the entire starting outfield. I don't get how manages to focus fire so well. :)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

I don't get how manages to focus fire so well.

I'm starting to wonder if the game doesn't target positions or something. I lost my starting middle infield together twice now this season, also had two times both my catchers went down. Had one point when 4 pitchers were out. It's almost as if the other team is gunning for taking them out when these things happen.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Hear ya!
I went thru the same hardship myself.
But since it happens all the time in the MLB as well, I rather take it with a positive spin: as a chance to test a manager's roster building abilities.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Another possibility is a fragility hidden trait. Its possible some players are just tagged to be injury prone.
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock777

Another possibility is a fragility hidden trait. Its possible some players are just tagged to be injury prone.

Well I would agree with you that it is hidden. Are you suggesting injury day's be incorporated into players stats? If they are "tagged" it's certainly not visible here in the game. They won't just show up one day at age 30 when they play catcher with a trait.
Snookbone

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If we're on the topic of injury, one of my starting pitchers has just been brutalised... out three weeks with shoulder inflammation, now out 36 days from a torn rotator cuff... on his first appearance back from injury. At least he won the game...
softshoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have had both my starting and backup catcher injured at the same time, several times this year. Don't make much sense, but I guess it is what it is.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, the catcher thing doesn't seem to work right. I think the intent was to force players to rest their catchers like in real life, but the implementation is a bit wonky, so your backup catchers sometimes end up needing "rest" after just a couple games.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I lost my SS for 3 games, didn't have a decent backup in the majors so I called up my best prospect from AA. He got hit with a 2 day fatigue injury after his ML debut.

Previous Page | Show All |