Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Top 100 Prospects   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Great work Dcmrulz!

the only thing i think would be better is a separate list of NP and P, because pitchers start with lower SI and gain more points while growing.

@Frankebasta: your thuoghts about SI limit is absolutely right, even if i have a player (first one i drafted when i started this game) that was 12pot limit, now is 13pot. So it's possible to exceed SI limit, but he's an outlier.

Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
IT IS DONE! FOR NOW! At least until the offseason.

In that time...

-I'll expand the age range to 24 (though those 2 ages will be penalized for their age)
-I'll make a top 100 pitchers and hitters.
-I'll see about expanding the minimum SI in the set. Pitchers to 60, Hitters to 75 (any further down and they might not have enough actual talent for any potential to get them a shot)

Oh, and with over 720 teams of at least 25 players, making a top 100 prospects list....it's gonna be a small amount of teams with 1 prospect, and thunderous applause for teams with two.

My team, for example, only has one in Tyler Rodgers.

Updated Thursday, February 26 2015 @ 7:50:23 am PST

EDIT: Updated locations and Positional breakdown. I'm not saying stay away from Asia (my best hitter/player overall is from Japan), but 1 Asian top 100 prospect in #27 Bo Wu.

Updated Thursday, February 26 2015 @ 7:58:07 am PST
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
This is really amazing and much appreciated! Thank you for all of your hard work :)
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you, it was a lot of fun doing this!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The reason the list is light on Asians is because they tend to be older, and so like college players are penalized for not having years of minor league development by your cut off age.
Camerena

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First of all, thank you very much for your hard work.

I guess I'm the only proud owner of 3 Top-100 prospects, unfortunately all they are all very low on the list. #78 Jacob Collins, #79 Josué Hurtado and #90 Rafael Herrera.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
The fact that an OFer with 8 range and a big Field stat is on here seems a bit odd. Not discrediting the work. I would just think that you would only want "perfect" type players. OFers with high range and low to average field. 1B with low arm, C with high field, low range and high arm.

I actually came up with fielding ratings based on position. This guy would be best at third or catcher, but he's a lefty!
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This just got truckloads easier. I guess all there is now is to fix up a formula, and I might be able to get a grade on everyone, with a top...More than 100 prospects (like...Top 300 even, out of almost 10k players)

Or a U18, or best of countries, etc.

Updated Wednesday, March 11 2015 @ 7:22:31 am PDT
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
thank you sir!

even though I dont have anyone in your list. hehe
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball