Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> This should be criminal   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve, dcm, look at his max si of 103. Than look at his potential. Then weep a little.
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah I see. Something bad must have happened from his 25-29 seasons to not go up a single point. Wonder if the team went all out on hitting growth.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My bet is he was brought up too early. He was pitching in the majors at age 22, so he probably lost 15+ training points.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

My bet is he was brought up too early. He was pitching in the majors at age 22, so he probably lost 15+ training points.

I agree, except I think it was more like 25-30 points based on that 16 potential as he should have maxed around 130 not 103.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like the work of a bot owner. Wonder what the bot priorities are for promoting/developing players?
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
As a pot16, he gained as many as 41 SI points in the majors.

Lets assume he was suppossd to earn 40 more in the minors.

But he only played 1season and a couple months there, instead of 5.

Thus, about 30 points lost.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
1.5 skill-ups per season (upper minors) is about 10SI for a pitcher. So agreed, potentially ~30SI more could have been gleaned from the minors.

There are examples around of pitchers gaining 50+ SI in the majors, tho ~30 much more typical.

Kinda glad bot managers aren't always optimal trainers. Nice to think I might do something better than the bot. Also nice to have that little extra chance of beating a bot.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Bot management priorities are:

1. Stay fiscally solvent
2. Win games
3. Training

Ergo, you'll see teams cut good players if their salaries are high and their cash balance is low.

They will also tend to promote minor leaguers if they're better then players on their current big league roster.

Steve
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's pretty good that a bot could still do some priorities to get a winning team, new trainees could dive right in and actually (though not often) compete.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Kinda glad bot managers aren't always optimal trainers. Nice to think I might do something better than the bot. Also nice to have that little extra chance of beating a bot.

I agree, so I guess the part I'm really sad about is the fact that I have drafted in 5 seasons a total of one 15 pot player, and this bot wasted a 16 pot player.

Previous Page | Show All |