Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Cup Game w/o starting catcher & shortshop   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, cause this can only happen to someone as unlucky as I.

Thankfully its only the opening game without my catcher and it's the game I expect to lose (my #5 pitcher is one the mound) but he's been great this season (2.05 ERA in league play).

Oh well, I guess I can start to look forward to how I'll lose the conference to a bot after today.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Yikes. :( You were in tough against that opponent to start with.

Looks like he's got a pretty good running game too. You will probably feel the loss of the catcher. Backup SS does look like a pretty big step down.

You do have a free roster spot. You could send Tapia to AAA and "rent" a C or SS for the series.

Best 2 of 3 involves a lot of luck. Ie., getting 2 good starting performances in 3 chances. The guys on the mound are more important than any in the field.

Maybe the bad luck b/f the series indicates good luck in the series. ;) Bonne chance.

Updated Friday, February 6 2015 @ 7:44:56 am PST
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
sorry to break the news, in cup games the first day is a doubleheader.

Myself have, c/3b and 2b out for one day and I expect them to miss BOTH games :(

Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
There was a recent discussion in Help where game date changes / player updates for double-header days was discussed. The experts there said there is a single update, but that it takes place between the games.

I haven't seen it myself. But I believed those who posted it. Think there is a decent chance Spoon's C will be available for game 2.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I just got swept by a bot team who is now only 1/2 a game out from me... Got killed by the bots in the cup too. I wouldn't mind so much if these bot teams weren't also 1/2 the rating of my team. Makes me feel like I'm doing something VERY wrong from a management perspective...
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was aware of the double header, game 1 is against a lefty and my starting catcher would have that game off anyway. (So more lack of luck). I'm just going to start Michael at catcher the whole series and hope for the besst (and that he doesn't get injured too).

I would bring up Velez from AA before I would risk bringing in a scab from the street honestly. But maybe Bradshaw at SS won't hurt too bad (even with low range). This is really the issue area, Tapia is kind of a 3rd baseman playing SS to begin with.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I read the thread about the game date change... and I'm not ashamed to confess, I didn't get it
waytoo complicated.

And I cannot witness the games live either, because I'm currently in India: they are played at 4am!

All told, my injured 2b missed the first game, but actually got fit for the second one.
The other player, even tho reported with an identical+1 injury, was out for both!
I don't get it
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
So much for being unlucky eh spooner?
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have to choke it up to my players actually playing well. Still lost the first which I knew was inevitable and my two aces didn't have their best starts either, but we managed to win the next two.

My lack of shortstop depth is slowly killing me though, and now my 3rd basemen is down a few days.

Endure and Survive, I guess.

Previous Page | Show All |