Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> First Game (Of The League)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One day after the luck went against me in the cup, the luck went for me in league play. Won 2 of 3, but really shouldn't have won the first game. As I said yesterday, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Also won two out of three. Can't complain. In my first game I had a guy go 4/5 with 2 bombs. In that game, my team won 5-0; 4 of the runs came on solo blasts. Overall, team looks good.
bertie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First cup round, decent V opponent, 3-1, ba .331.

First league series, VI bot, 0-3, ba .170.

Neither of these outcomes were deserved, but that's baseball!

Luizmussa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First series against an old rival (even though with different name and manager) and got the first 2-1 win.
Still dont know if my team is for sure.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Was totally destroyed in the first three games at home by a bot team.

Even considering my atrocious pitchers that was unexpected. :/
Bilbo Shaggins

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
3-1 in cup, 3-1 first series, 2-1 second series, 5-2 overall in league. Pitching is a little better than expected so far but hitting right about where I thought. Hopefully this team can keep this pace up.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It has been a great start for my newly named Snakes (please no one else take the name; I rather like that I'm the only one in all of Broken Bat with it!). We opened up with a nice 3-1 Cup start. Then we won our first four in the league, lost one, and now have a five game win streak.

Tomorrow's games are going to be the biggest challenge of the year, though, as we battle the Phoenix Roadrunners in Cup play. On paper (screen?) they look great. They're tearing up league IV-4 with an 8-3 record and a +35 run differential. They also killed it in the first Cup series going 4-0, outscoring their opponent by 20. I'd be ecstatic with a 2-2 split; my first series loss of the year is much more likely, though.
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
9-1 League

1-3 Cup

Next up 4 game Cup series against a bot team in Hawaii(I think its Hawaii) I have no idea if they are even halfway decent or not. They are at the top of their division, their division of all bot teams.

But really liking our pitching in League play much better than expected, hitting is doing well too, with 3 homeruns from Mark Sun and George Kramer batting .500 in 10 games.

Updated Friday, January 23 2015 @ 10:23:23 am PST

Updated Friday, January 23 2015 @ 10:57:05 am PST
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
8-3 so far, Hitting is still a piece of junk, pitching still dominant, and I'm kinda lost as to how I should go about developing my top 2 prospects.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My guys shocked me today by upsetting Phoenix in our series. We smashed it the first game, setting the tone for a thriller. The final three games were all decided by one run, two of which had my Snakes on top. With a 6-2 start in Cup play against the toughest competition, I'm confident in a 14-6 or better showing, which should be enough to advance. If that happens, it will be my first. Ssssssssssnakes!

Previous Page | Show All |