Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Your Favourite Player   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This is not an easy decision but I would have to say....Jack Esposito.

When I took over I decided he would be my first baseman and he has not disappointed. A 12 pot with all the right strengths. He can hit for average and power, steal a few bases, walk 100 times a season and field his position. I've batted leadoff and third but he's best hitting second.
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/99028
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I have plenty of better players, but favorite? Blame Everquest, it has to be Shadow Knight ;)
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
nobodyjones- Your favourite player is my experiment? Oddly enough he's tied for my team leads with HR(3) and RBI(8) despite only hitting .150 so far in 11 games.

My favourite players I would have to say is the pitching trio of Kelly, Arredondo, and Beck. I considered them my own versions Maddux, Smoltz, and Glavine and they were a huge part of me going from the bottom to the top.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Eduardo Vargas was the toughest draft day cut I've made in Broken Bat. It was him or a pitcher who looks like he'll be a rock solid reliever.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm confused by this experiment. The guy is having his growth stunted and can't hit at all. I get that he can play center field, but why would you put a guy like this in your lineup in I.1?
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hardcastle, If I were him I'd be really pissed off at DeSoto,this is a story of sad wasted potential one thing that probably happens everyday in real life, but he still has years left, so this message of gloom isn't really necessary. Also I don't think he'll qualify for rookie of the year if he played two games while with DeSoto. I don't know if that means first full season, or first certain number of games or first appearance.
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
garf- Player development has changed quite a bit since the last time (2012ish) I needed to fast track any players or call them up really early if they're behind in SI. They used to be just fine if you did that. Not too long ago I came pretty close to telling a new player to call up some rookie and A guys not knowing that would wreck them which would have made me look like a dick. Quite a few guys pointed out my errors for me and so now I want to see it first hand as it happens.

There's a few different reasons why I went with Vargas for this. First, he can handle right field (not center) and having a guy in my 9 hole who can't hit is nothing new, I've always preferred defense over offense. Second he's only 17 and about 40 points or so from capping SI so hopefully it won't take too long for him to hit the "room for improvement" message and stall. And third, when he does stall he'll hopefully still be young enough to benefit from being put back in the minors for a couple seasons so I can see if he can make up anything for it after the fact. So it may look like I'm just running a guy into the ground for no reason, but I'm hoping it's survivable, and he's a good candidate to try it with.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok. Putting him in RF is worse. At least center is a semi important defensive position. I see that your current CFer is ridiculously good.

But an experiment is an experiment. Good luck.

Updated Friday, January 23 2015 @ 3:06:52 pm PST
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I suppose my team Canada starter is my favorite for now. Preacher Knight

But I really want Sherman and Davis to get there as guys I actually drafted.

Previous Page | Show All |