Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2021 Goals   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
1) develop my minors players. Hope to promote and play four by midseason.

2) finish in second. The top team is far better than me and I'd rather develop my prospects than win now.

3) lose $6 million or less. I've got plenty of reserves, but don't want to lose more than that just in case I can't promote fast enough.

4) win 90+ games. Most of the teams in my league are pretty bad so this should happen this year and will get my team mood going in the right direction.

5) win my group for cup and make it to the third round. I made it to the second round last year and have a super weak group.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Make it a race in my first V season.

Keep my eye on 2023+.

Sneak into the second round of the Cup.

Make millions. Here or in real life.
bertie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First full season, primary aim is to continue to rebuild the farm system.

I've cut the payroll considerably since taking over, and I'm hoping to be competitive enough to break even.

No realistic chance of a cup run.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
We finished 2nd last season, but at no point challenged for 1st. Hoping to really be in the race this season. Finally accomplished our main off-season goal of adding a LH bat to the line-up, so have a good feeling going in. :)

Always go out in the 2nd knock-out round of the cup. Would love to go 1 round deeper, but don't expect to.

Hoping to see Hardy come into his own. Finished 2nd in Cy Young balloting last 2 seasons. Note 2 all-leagues, but 0 all-stars. Has a habit of struggling in the 1st half of the season.

Last goal would be to finally find a SS. Hoping 1 of DeFazio or Almeida step up. Always been a weak spot of my club.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
My goal ... not quit.

My 2x gold glove SS in VI can't field at 90% in V????????
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Defense is weird. If it made sense this guy wouldn't be so bad at it.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
sample size brewnoe. sample size. but you should totally drop him.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
oh and dwindacatcher, he's played the equivalent of one season at ss just below league average fielding %. i think he'll be fine.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with garf, sample sizes in both cases are fairly small. dwind, did he have the 2B trained before you played him that full season at 2B? From his career history, it doesn't look like it, so you really haven't seen what he is capable of yet fully developed. His 1.000 fielding percentage this season is a promising start early on...
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Bad early sample always hurts more.

That said, Chad will probably be left hanging in a season or 2, def while he still has some life left ... my first (and so far only) 15pot guy Dan "The Man" should be pushing him by the end of the season

Previous Page | Show All |