Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Injuries galore   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Just lost a starting pitcher (as if my pitchers weren't bad enough already) for 35 days, and before that one of the best AA guys for 20+ days.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
35 days? wow
I hope injuries are not longer than that.

I've seen many guys quit in another game because the developer insisted on long injuries..there is not much "fun" in injuries.
Personally I don't mind if it tends to even out for all teams and clearly it is part of all real life teams and managers problems to overcome. (depth is and should be an important part of baseball).

But having said that, in that other game where you paid to play, constantly frustrating the general managers with injuries (out for season sometimes) didn't work at all.
Bill3789

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Freddy....injuries never last beyond 35 days.

As far as being slammed with injuries, not too bad for me, although I did lose my #1 starter for 35 days last season. Thankfully, my spot starter stepped up and did a nice job while he was out.
jason_shocker11

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does this mean less stamina=more injuries?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Over time I have started to think that some players are more injury prone but there are no indicators to let you know that information beyond experience.
Luizmussa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Bill3789

Im almost sure I once saw a pitcher out for an extended amount of time due to Tommy John. Don't think theres a limit of days to those things.

But only Steve can tell us.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
On the info page it says the maximum time for injuries is 35 days.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Never seen or recall a NP with an injury over 20 days
Wish games injured would be tracked as games at each position but doing it manually actually has proven to me that certain players are more injury proned than others
Maybe Steve doesn't want that stat available to the user base
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thx Bill.

That's actually kind of cool if there is indeed a bit of a hidden injury prone value.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
My man Dawson http://brokenbat.org/player/89543 went down for 30+ first start of spring training last season. Was disappointing.

Had a good spring this season. I knew better than to give him his last start. But I did, and now he's out the first 3.5 weeks of the season.

Somehow it knows who the only useful player in the line-up is, and puts the cross hairs on him. :)

Previous Page | Show All |