Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Signings for struggling teams   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the idea of all season long for this, including waiver claims on all players 500k and 200k. Some of those guys that get dropped by bot teams as too old for minors could be huge helps to teams like that.
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi Steve,

Just wondered what you though of this idea, and if you liked it whether you had a rough idea as to how long it might take to implement by any chance?

Really hope that doesn't sound pushy at all, it's just I stand to lose the best part of $4m in tomorrow's update. If this is a week or two away I'd stick with my existing team in anticipation, otherwise I need to decide whether to try and reduce costs by prematurely promoting my minors (which it would be better to do sooner rather than later), or go "all-in" with my current team.

Cheers again for considering this!

the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I do like the idea of teams in debt to have limited signing ability of max 500k salaries for players
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Minimum-salary free agents all season long sounds like the simplest solution to allow owners in trouble to get out of it without switching teams. Right now their only other option once they're down to the min roster is hoping the attendance changes help or maybe signing college draftees and cutting one major leaguer each week. (not sure if they can even sign those guys)
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello everybody. I am a new owner and I inherited a team that had was very bad off financially. I did everything I could to prevent my team from going into the red however I could not. Currently I am 2M dollars in debt and after the payroll increases my financial outlook looks as bleak as last year.

One fix I thought I could have implemented was the tactic of cutting more expensive players for cheaper free agent players. However I am not allowed to sign players when I am in the red. I would support a change where teams in the red are only allowed to sign players to minimum contract.

Thanks.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just a suggestion without much thought behind it.

I've played other games where when a manager quits the game the team automatically drops the top players to the market. If needed, some new players are auto generated to fill the roster (auto signing minimum wage guys that do not exceed "X" SI is the same idea). If the team stays bot managed it will fall to bottom divisions faster.

When new managers join and are assigned a team they all start with a team in one of the lowest two tiers and they all start with the same amount of cash and a similar crap team with similar stadiums and expenses etc. making it quite fair for all.

Again, I'm not saying it is a better or worse system, just an idea that I've seen work quite well.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, we've added the ability for indebt teams to sign minimum salary free agents. Hope that helps you those struggling clubs.

Steve
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Great for you to make that happen as one would think many newcomers would just easily give up,and quit even with other options

I for one actually enjoyed taking over a debt mired team though it took 3 seasons to get out of debt and begin winning and 3 more to start moving up
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks so much for implementing that change! I think it's going to make a huge difference. :o)

Could be worth mentioning in the rules too, as without finding this thread it might not be immediately obvious why you can sign some players and not others.

Cheers!

Edit - actually, it's made pretty clear on the search screen. Would there be a way of perhaps limiting the search results to minimum salary players though by any chance - at the moment the two relevant bands are <$500k and <$1 million, which pulls back a lot of unsignable players. Just adding a <=$500k banding would do the trick.

Cheers!

Updated Friday, January 16 2015 @ 4:06:07 am PST
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Be interesting to see if someone can make a division or league winner with just minimum salary free agents.

It also adds a whole other aspect to waiver watching. Waiting to see if guys clear waivers so you can sign them

Previous Page | Show All |