Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> World Classic   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jason_shocker11

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow this sim game is so fast. World Classic Finals already!

USA already escaped 2 consecutive upsets. Will they escape another one against the solid Dominican Republic lineup?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Dominican Republic has been hitting very well, but the pitching they have been facing isn't quite as the US level.

Hard for me to see an upset. But then again, I didn't expect either of the last 2 US series to go 5 games.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Leonardo Romero has been stellar for the United States. Expect another game one win for him.

Steve
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Go Dominicans, Go!!!
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's crazy to see Romero was picked up out of the pool as a youngster. Not claimed. Just picked up.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
He was claimed in 2014. That may predate the current waiver system. I'm not sure.

Before the current system was in place, players went straight to free agency at the update. Signing a player was mostly a race between those on-line.

Thanks Steve for putting the World Classic together. I didn't think I'd have much interest in it, but the way the games were scheduled drew me in.

And congratulations to Team USA.
JuanCarlos_BY

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for Making the WCB . Was OK To Be The First . For next you might consider putting statistics players and a MVP award.
rainsilent

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't want to see the stats. Despite my pitcher winning the clinching game 4 in dominant fashion he had 2 other horrendous starts.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
How about naming the awards for the World Classic's best pitcher and position player after the pitcher and position player that performed the best in the inaugural World Classic? It'd bring a little "inside baseball" to Broken Bat :)

For the pitching MVP, it would be the "Romero Award". Who was the most valuable position player?
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I had one guy that got to play and I think he caused 2 of the teams three losses (netherlands) haha.

Previous Page | Show All |