Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Finances   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jdick1990

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm just wondering if there are any successful teams out there who actually made any money this year?

My team won 97 games, sold out my stadium every night (which admittedly could have been a bit larger and offset some of my losses), and won our division and league playoff. I lost just a touch over 10 million, which is the amount I paid in franchise fees.

I completely understand the need for the fee, considering the excess of money that has been accumulated by top teams, but I am worried about how I am going to avoid having my team go bankrupt within a few seasons.

I don't have any solution or suggestion here, but wanted to see if this was a problem that other owners are worried about.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I went 89-71 and finished third in my division in a V league and the team made 9.5 million in profit.

Updated Monday, December 29 2014 @ 12:10:32 pm PST
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
You just described my team except I made 1.3 million profit.

Differences that I see:
You were division IV, me V
Franchise fees for me were only 5 million
My salaries are quite a bit lower but I expect a significant rise in salaries again this year for my team.

Division IV has a reputation for being tough economically.

Updated Monday, December 29 2014 @ 12:17:54 pm PST
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I won IV.6 West and made 3 million in profit.

Updated Monday, December 29 2014 @ 12:59:17 pm PST
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Won 104 games in Div V, made $27 million. Probably going to have to axe my manager and a couple of older star players to keep making this kind of money.
jdick1990

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Guess I was wrong about this being a universal problem. Looking at all of your guys teams, they all seem to be a lot younger/cheaper than mine, so I suppose that is probably my biggest area of concern.

I suppose I was just caught off guard after making decent profits in the previous couple seasons and then losing so much this year.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Still all about planning

Was 88-72 in league III
Avg 57k in 60 k stadium
Salaries went up 12 mil over last season as I signed a few higher salaried players to fill gaps I was unable to fill with minors
Even with 15 mill in franchise fees
Still made over ten million
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
jdick, League IV is tough because that's where the attendance skew sets in - to me it was quite a shock to have all those empty seats while dominating my division, after making 20 million of profit per season in V and VI. It was tough then, and now there is a 10 million franchise fee to pay, as well.
I'd say survival in League III is easier, in spite of the higher franchise fee, but a relatively large stadium sure helps.
I have a team that will still depend on mercenaries in a few key positions for another season or two, so I have a hard time keeping my payroll in check if I want to compete. I tried to compete this season and knowingly accepted running up a deficit to do so, but before the all-star break I realized I had no chance and really slammed on the brakes. With cheap journeymen to fill in, my team was a bit shaky towards the end of the season, and it showed in attendance, but I managed to end up with a tiny profit.

Previous Page | Show All |