Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Injury Frequency   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
afrosamurai

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Having watched my scores since the addition of injuries, it seems to me that the frequesncy of injuries is quite high. I have yet to have a game without at least one player injured (currently have 3 starters out). Perhaps it's just bad luck on my teams part, but this seems a tad too frequent. Is this something that you're keeping an eye on Steve? Just curious.
Thanks
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I have been monitoring the number of injures and tend to agree that the frequency might be on the high side. I am going to collect a little more data and probably make some adjustments at that point.

Steve
afrosamurai

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Phew! I was afraid to bring this up lol!
Love the idea of injuries though!

Excellent game Steve, really lots of great potential on top of an already good product!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It’s really a balancing act between the frequency of injuries and the length of injuries. Having longer injuries also increases the perception concerning frequency because the player is simply out longer and thus it’s more visible.

Overall, I like the way the change is working. I has definitely made team depth important and still maintain a realistic level of playing time for star players.

Enjoy the game,

Steve
zona_blazer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Any update on this subject?

Injuries do seem to happen just about every game (at least 2 injuries seem to occur to my team per series of games)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
That change will probably happen this week some time. We will be reducing long-term injuries -- not sure about the shorter ones. I think the idea is that one day type injuries are more like fatigue and making sure players get a rest once in and while.

Steve
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
it seems like i've been getting more / longer injuries since the change was made for some reason. then again, i might have been fairly lucky prior to the change?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Injury durations have not changed, in fact the frequency of longer injures are less now. I think its just your luck.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |