Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Minor League Position Changes   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
From the old news items.

December 19th, 2013 - Minor League changes...
...Additionally, we’ve added minor league position assignments whereby young players can receive position experience in accordance with the club’s long-term plans. These assignments can be set on the Minors pages for your club.

Interestingly enough a year to the day it was introduced I've had my first player go from (assumed) no experience at a position to capital experience. Robert Durham started life as a "c" and just popped to "OF". (Which shows up in the training page now.)

Anyone else seeing this payoff yet?
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had them pop before today, but I had one pop on the training page today (ss).
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Munoz got a small 'c' today. First guy to gain a position this season.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ahhhhhh. That makes a little more sense. I didn't know this hasn't always been available. I take back the mean thoughts I've had regarding poor fielding assignments directed at unfortunate GM's. I apologize.
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was surprised it's been a year already. I thought Durham got there too soon, that's why I looked through the news to find out when it was.

I'd strongly recommend to all players, young and old to go through and read the news releases from day one on if you never have. It gives a really great timeline of what things looked like in the earlier days and all the changes and additions that Steve has made over the years.

I'd say the same thing about the forums, but you risk your sanity trying to find your way through all that.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had a couple of guys pop positions already either adding a position or going to caps. It's a great addition that it now shows up in the weekly training notifications.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One of my players has acquired a small c in the minors this week. Feels to me like it has taken forever.

Previous Page | Show All |