Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Can Someone Assist Me In Which Direction I Should Take My Team?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, would you consider this guy a keeper? http://brokenbat.org/player/100333
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Without question
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Nope.
Can't play the infield.
So you got a corner Of with no hitting e no PD
As in: 230/270/400
Meh :(
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Feank, need to remember his team is far from right. That kind of player might not become a superstar, but has a high chance of being a starter for him. And he only has 32 on his roster atm. So he isn't going to stop him from potential FAS during the winter meetings.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What Frank failed to consider is that that guy has the most potential of anyone in your entire system. Do not cut that guy til your team gets much better.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
He's got potential. I would train him at an infield position, maybe 3B or ss to increase his versatility. Fill out the of to caps after that.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd get him to capital OF first and then work on a secondary position. He'll be a very nice defensive outfielder (hopefully the defensive sub thing will work better by the time he's ready). If you get lucky and he can steal bases, he'll probably be a starter for several years even if he never makes the all star team.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I understand his plight.

Still, I maintain my position.
If it were a ML-ready player, he'd be an improvement.
As of now, he's 4 yrs away from contributing to the team success.
As soon as that team is out of debt, and can sign FAs, he can pick more useful players from the Scouting Network.
There, your garden variety prospect is a Pot13, with either Very Good to Great hitting, or great defense.
This prospect is neither.
So, not a Keeper
He can be dealt with in matter of weeks.

Or, just now.
If you need to save money, first thing to do...
Well, change Manager
Second thing to do, clear the farm from all the prospects who'll never be useful MLeaguers
That's .20 each. Trifle sum.
But the upside is exactly nil.

Updated Friday, December 19 2014 @ 2:12:03 pm PST
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
At 8 million in the hole he isn't going to make it out of debt next season, unless it is at the end of the year. Likely it is going to be after two seasons. Now you might be right and he isn't useful, but 200k is a truffle amount to cut. I say leave him on the roster and see if he is a guy that can gain 10 si a year. Given his great range and arm he should make a solid OF, even if his fielding is low.

Previous Page | Show All |