Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Bankruptcy   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Jalapeno, I think you're off by 40 million there, you forgot the "-" in front of the 20 million.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Jason, you've both signed and cut a lot of good players, there is no reason you should be worried about bankruptcy. You have given almost none of them a large enough sample size of a chance to actually gain an accurate measure of whether they are worth keeping. While that is totally up to you if you want to do that, if you are worried about bankruptcy then something is wrong.

Your transaction page: http://brokenbat.org/transactions/214/1

Compare to almost anyone else in game and you'll find you're making at least 5 to 6 times the moves of anyone with a good team in the game.

Norwalk plays the market smartly.

At a much higher level crackit made some outstanding posts that several people have said helped them create their strategy.

TL;DR: Jason you need a strategy beyond releasing players who haven't performed in a couple days every single day and signing leftovers on the market.

Updated Saturday, November 29 2014 @ 10:00:19 am PST
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
One piece of advice I would go back and tell myself if I could would be to skip the 31 year old, big money waiver guys. They aren't worth the money and they won't do anything but get worse and more expensive. Look for 25-26 year olds with [too old for minors] or [salary reduction] in their transfer history that have a lot of potential (13 or 14). They're usually cheap and in the lower leagues you can afford to give them enough playing time for them to grow.

If all your major leaguers are 25 or 26 years old, that gives you about five seasons to build your minor league squad to fit your vision of how you want your team to look before your major leaguers start to decline. Once they do, you should have guys ready to take their spots. Pay particular attention to finding 10 to 12 minor league pitching prospects to develop.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
well this stinks;missunderstood the bankruptcy thing when i signed all those big free agents early on.this will be week 3 of 20 mil. or greater.....so new time lol
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You could make the cuts yourself to save your team. Can't see your finances, but drop enough salary to clear the -$20 million and you'll still be in business. Here's roughly the order I would cut...

Nakashima $2.85 mil
Webster $1.90 mil
Miller $1.70 mil
Quinn $1.00 mil

Good luck, but you better make the moves very very soon!
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
then again,going back and looking at the graph and then the whole season,i may not be going into bankruptcy.for the whole season i'm down 26 mil,but am only losing like 3 to 4 mil each week before the cuts i just made today which totaled over 4 mil.
SpongeBob

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How can I get back with a positive balance? I've released expensive players, put the ballpark seats at 10,000. Anything else I can do?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
SpongeBob, I hate to say this, but it looks like you inherited a really bad team. Have you read the Newbie Guide & Checklist and done what it suggests? You also need to read the Game Manual / Rules a couple times. Both are under the Help tab.

Do that all fast because there are only a couples days left to add players to your team, which you'll need to do many, many times.

Good luck!
SpongeBob

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can you ask for a different team if they're under 0 in finances?
mduban4

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
From the game manual...

- Changing Teams

You may change teams to any unmanaged teams if you think that would improve your prospects of winning or enjoyment of the game. Team changes will be limited to the off-season and the All-Star break to avoid causing too much confusion. Please try to limit teams changes as one of the goals of the game is to build your team into a winner.

Previous Page | Show All |