Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Yikes   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Excitement filled the air as the second half of the season started with my Panthers one game up in the league race. Then this happened against a bot team that was 12 games under .500...

Tight game, lead off triple by the good guys, and then he inexplicably takes off for home on a grounder to third and is thrown out for the first out of the inning. Done.

Tight game, runners on first and third, and my guy on first takes off for second, gets thrown out and kills the inning. Done.

Five attempted steals. One successful against a guy with a 20% caught stealing rate. Done.

Not to be shown up by horrible offensive moves (all of my settings are neutral to passive, by the way), my pitchers had to get in the blowing up business...

Tied game in the ninth. My sub-2.00 ERA set up guy comes in and walks three guys, then throws a wild pitch to lose the game. Done.

Tied game in the eighth and my manager brings in my worst reliever/long reliever even though the pen is rested. Wth? Done.

Good guys take the lead in the ninth, yes! My All Star, League Leading Saves Closer absolutely gets destroyed, giving up three runs on four hits. Done.

Can we go back to the All Star Break and meaningless games please?

Updated Thursday, November 27 2014 @ 9:20:02 pm PST
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Ouch!
I feel for ya

Then again,
It's just BASEBALL :)
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Yuck. :(

I will defend your manager a little tho. ;)

Tied game in the eighth and my manager brings in my worst reliever/long reliever even though the pen is rested. Wth? Done.

That was game 4. Hoffman pitched in both games 1 & 2. Cook pitched 3 1/3 in game 3. Bell pitched in 3, and looks like was injured for game 4. Saurez (closer) isn't going to be brought into a tie game. Cordova was really the manager's only option in that situation.

Hopefully your team worked out all the silly in that series. Still in very good shape in the standings.

Previous Page | Show All |