Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> National Teams   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wonder if National teams add/drop, got a guy with 110 for cuba, but missed the P cut for their national team.

He still has some growing room, so I wonder if it's too late for him this go-round.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Rosters are set for this year or there will be some changes during the season for players which are still growing?
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Someone coaching them?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Rosters are set for this year or there will be some changes during the season for players which are still growing?

Initially, there is only the competition at the beginning of the season planned. So rosters will be selected right before the event. Also, only players on actual teams will be allowed to participate. I don't think this should leave out too many players and fits the overall game mechanics better.

I think it will be run much like the all-star games -- essentially not affecting experience/training. I'm thinking it will be a 16 country tournament with elimination by either 3 or 5 games series.

Steve

Updated Friday, November 21 2014 @ 1:42:06 pm PST
jason_shocker11

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Former player Joe Mosley was on the NT. I have to release him to save money. Crossing fingers for my boy Derrick Pozzi to join the fray next season.

But my local man Hilario Flores was on the team despite the age. Not enough talent from my country so far it seems. Hoping for more talent in the Philippines soon!

Updated Friday, November 21 2014 @ 10:26:38 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Unlikely Pozzi will make it in. There is a LOT of talent in the US and Pozzi is really only a borderline guy. But yeah, in a lot of the smaller market countries, just having a guy from the country gets you on the roster. I have a few guys like that.
Snookbone

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If the National competition is going to be straight knockout, I would suggest making 7 days in the schedule for it. This way you can be guaranteed enough space to get all 40 teams involved if necessary, with some teams given a bye week to reduce the number to 32 or 16 if a nation is drawn against another without enough players to field a team. I know it wouldn't be a huge blow, but only including 16 teams when there are more with enough players would be a bit of a shame.

Updated Sunday, November 23 2014 @ 1:43:48 pm PST
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know if any spare days will be available, but if possible I'd like to see the National Champion play the Legends and Cup Champs in 1-day/3-game matches after the tournament.
jason_shocker11

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When will the National Team (we call them NT on other simulation games) games will start?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The plan is at the beginning of next season. In that break between the season flip and the beginning of spring training.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |