Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> New Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well...just spent about 3 hours dissecting my roster...ready for a new season...maybe i'm not necessarily a better team...but i think i'm a better built team...

i'm a manager that builds from within...if i can...i try to build from the draft...hence the need for a better thought out draft...hard to build through the draft when it's done COMPLETELY random...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It is true that the draft process right now is totally random, but you can still greatly improve your team, over time, but keeping and training the right draftees.

That said, I am looking into how to give people a little more control of the type and quality of the player they select when they draft. However, just as in real life, the draft and development path will always been a long-term effort and the free agent path will always be the short-term solution.

Steve
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
don't get me wrong...that wasn't a knock on your system...i know it's still a work in progress...and i know by being selective and keeping the right prospects...that in the future...they can be very lucrative players...but through a draft you should feel like you are picking who's the future of your team...instead of just picking who stays and goes after they are assigned to you...

as i said earlier...just have that when you select to draft someone...you give us a few players to choose from...and if none of those players interest us...the option to back out of it...although possibly at the cost of our player pick up for that week...but if we don't have the choice to back out...and are forced to pick someone that we don't like...we are probably just going to drop him right away anyways...
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I really like that idea! Saw that on another game on FB.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
We will try to get some improvement sooner rather than later.

Enjoy the game,

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |