Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Best way to gain experience with a Pitcher?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This thread got me thinking, what is the best way to get a starting pitcher experience? I have some pitchers that might pop as major league ready this year and I'm wondering what some of you have done in the past, or currently are, to get them the most experience.

I'm considering, if it is a potential starting pitcher, giving them a 12 hook and a pitch count much higher than their stamina says they should have and just punting on their turn in the rotation. As stats don't matter, and all exp is gained in batters put out (as far as I know). Thoughts? Suggestions?
gadzooks

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That is what I do, I stick them in the rotation and let them take their lumps. Otherwise it is uncertain if the manager will give them the innings they need to advance quickly.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Pitchers gain experience with each batter faced, not each batter put out.
At least, this is what game manual says.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The guide says that, but Steve said differently in the post listed below. Apparently pitchers get experience for the outs they record, not the batters they face.

http://brokenbat.org/forum/0/2/1542
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mh, ok.
I think it has not much sense getting experience through outcomes instead of process, but pitchers' SI explodes more easily than hitters, so no complaint.

Previous Page | Show All |