Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Fan mood   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi all,

Just wondering whether anything could/should be done about the impact of cup results on Fan mood.

I'm afraid I've not been tracking it exactly, but going into this season my fan mood was about 120 - it's now about 110. Given that I've won almost all of my league games and lost almost all of my cup games, and played a fairly even number of each, I'm inferring that cup games weigh heavier than league games on the fan mood.

The Cup in BB seems to mirror the FA Cup in soccer in the UK better than anything I'm aware of in the franchise model adopted by many American sports. My friends that follow soccer at the lower levels are generally quite sanguine about cup defeats to teams in higher divisions, simply because they're expected.

Just wondering therefore if the weighting of how wins and losses in the cup affect fan mood should take into consideration the division of the opposition and therefore the likelihood of the result.

I'd suggest:
Win vs team in higher division - large increase in fan mood
Win vs team in lower division - small increase in fan mood
Loss vs team in higher division - small decrease in fan mood
Loss vs team in lower division - large decrease in fan mood

Cheers!

MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think you're probably correct about Cup games weighing more for Mood swings. I also agree that they shouldn't hurt you as much as they do when you lose to higher league teams; your recommendation seems reasonable to me. The good thing is if you don't do well and fail to advance in the Cup, you don't have to worry about it after May 17th. :)

Previous Page | Show All |