Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Catchers Injuries   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Their problem is when regular and his backup get down at the same time.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not knowing the Yankees, I'll ask this: Was the #1 or #2 catcher out with any recurring or long-term injury? Because that would be completely different from what I am describing. Although yesterday I did have my #1 finally go down for 2 games without my #2 going down the same game or the very next one, all the injuries to my catchers prior to that were to both in either the same game or the very next one so that even 3 and 4 game injuries were making them miss entire series at the same time. If one of them was a 30 day injury it would be different (that said I don't particularly want a 30 day injury to my catcher either).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Probably not an easy fix, but really the best solution would be to apply the fatigue variable to all players, and give them all stamina traits. That way your Cal Ripkins can still play every game, while your aging 1B has to take off one game every week, and you can take a fatigue hit weighted by position played (Catchers taking the most, DH taking the least).

Of course if you did that, folks who don't access the game every day would need a new drop down in the management screen to specify at what fatigue level they wanted to rest their players.

Like I said, would probably require a bit of work for Steve to implement something like that.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
And the implication of that could take elite players and make them obsolete. You know that 119 si shortstop? Yeah he has a 6 stamina/injury (w/e this theoretical Stat is called). He'll continue to be great, but only 3 days out of 7.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, applying to existing players could also be an issue for some folks. Steve would probably have to give all existing players 12 stamina or something.

I would imagine something like 2-3 stamina would translate into a SS having to take off one day a week at most, position players generally don't accumulate fatigue as quickly as catchers and pitchers. 6 stamina might translate into something like missing 8 games a year? I'm not sure what the actual numbers are, but I think your average position players typically only get a couple games off a year due to fatigue. SS and CF might get a bit more fatigue than other positions, but overall the Catcher and Pitchers get the most fatigue.

I don't know of any player in the majors who is only able to physically play in 3 out of 7 games? Not sure where you pulled that from.

Updated Tuesday, December 2 2014 @ 6:09:10 pm PST
gadzooks

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Brian Roberts the past 5 seasons!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL. Funny, but I don't think you sit out 90% of your games because of fatigue. Roberts was sitting out due to a combination of injuries and suckage.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Was mostly a joke, but fatigue is something I have hated in other sim games. As it makes it harder to get young players the playing time necessary to grow at optimal rates.

I think a better alternative is to make chance of fatigue less likely for catchers than it is now, but let's let this season play out and look at the stats at the end of the year. Also, 2 days off for being tired doesn't happen url unless it is an aged player. And as most everyone's players aren't 35, that shouldn't really happen for us. And maybe add more fatigue to position players, but at a much reduced rate to catchers. This might already be in, I can't tell on mobile what my guys are out for. But that might also not be needed as I have one guy that has missed no games, 3 that have missed three, but all the rest have had their share of time off.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thats funny. That's exactly the reason I like fatigue. It gives me a good excuse to get my young players game time...
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
link

Previous Page | Show All |